Paneling repair - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2020, 10:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
I've got 15 lineal feet coming of the tape from Escape Ind. It is a start, sort of.

Jeepers. Tammy gave me a foot of tape years ago and I still have 9 inches left.
You better hire a sales manager.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Habber,

I think we should diversify, I have been spending too much time on the Escape Facebook page and reading about everyone decorating the inside of their planned Escape. It is a Covid thing to read the posts because they are quite repetitious and a bit of showmanship.

Any way here is the plan. Since everyone is spending a lifetime decorating the inside of their new Escape and we are talking about tape. Here is the latest, we are going to offer decoration for the outside of the trailer. None of this colored striping stuff, we are going for a full wrap.

Can't you envision your own graphic images covering the entire Escape. A full wrap of an image of your grand children, or perhaps that well loved pet or even better your could sell advertising like your local city buses. Maybe a manufacturer that we really like, such as Dometic. The possibilities are endless and they all shout about me. What great personalization.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post

I have been spending too much time on the Escape Facebook page and reading about everyone decorating the inside of their planned Escape.
Knew there was a reason that I don't do Facebook.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Diversify? I'm there, already

Paul, Paul, Paul

I've already done your notion. I have that whole subsidiary of my business empire going good. It's this danged Escape tape thing that has me working overtime.

Image attached was created by a San Jose CA comrades daughter. NOT an ACCURATE image.....just a Photoshopped thing.

I DO NOT, OR EVER DID, endorse the sentiments of the image.

Nor, did I inhale.
Attached Thumbnails
image000.jpeg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:16 PM   #25

The sky is the limit!

Another one of the decorated fiberglass treasures my multi-national conglomerate produced .

Is this along the lines of what you were thinking, Paul?

No problema.
Attached Thumbnails
watermellon.jpg  
Old 11-18-2020, 08:44 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Great stuff, I think we are thinking alike.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Options

Quote:
Great stuff, I think we are thinking alike.
Not to brag, well yes to brag, as it seems to be in vogue, here’s the deal.
Over the years my wife and I, along with all my children and their spouses have be fortunate to have attended and graduated from colleges and universities. I have a small whiteboard with markers that I used to keep in my garage. I used it to keep track of maintenance done on my equipment. I had enough room to write around the border “we cheer for these teams” and then I lettered in all of the learning institutions we had been affiliated with. People who came by asked me about why I did that and I told them that during football season, at least one of my teams won every week of the regular season and some went on to conference and national championships. Just something that made our family feel good.

Then, a couple years ago, the revelation that belly bands were available in colors besides black. At that time I did not know the Habberdabber. But, I did post that an incredible sales opportunity existed if someone who was cottage industry oriented would obtain small decals that could be applied to appropriately colored belly bands to celebrate colleges, nascar drivers, the United States or Canada flags, maple leaves etc., States and Provinces visited by the trailer (a la the map on the side of the trailer) , the possibilities are nearly endless. I fully expect the Habberdabber already has this product in his online catalog. Of course for you and Tom, the most popular option is the “Wisconsin package”, decals with little wedges of, yup you got it, cheddar, longhorn, provolone, Gouda, and on and on. So run with that, this old man has enough to do selecting garden seeds and checking his mousetraps every day.
You’re Welcome
Iowa Dave
Old 11-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #28

Save me from my opportunities

Dave,
I missed the boat, a long time ago, and this belly band boondoggle is another remarkable opportunity I believe I'll pass on.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
You’re call

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Dave,
I missed the boat, a long time ago, and this belly band boondoggle is another remarkable opportunity I believe I'll pass on.
Well it’s up to you. Personally I’m a big idea man with little or no follow through. Details are not my forte’. Maybe someone else will jump on it. Have a good day. Very windy here but not too cold. I have about 40 quarter inch steel stakes to pull in the garden yet, probably about do it for this year. Still enjoying my Walla Walla onions and Pontiac spuds. Hey there’s another option for belly band campers who garden, decals of vegetables ������������������
Iowa Dave
Old 11-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Habber,

I think we should diversify, I have been spending too much time on the Escape Facebook page and reading about everyone decorating the inside of their planned Escape. It is a Covid thing to read the posts because they are quite repetitious and a bit of showmanship.

Any way here is the plan. Since everyone is spending a lifetime decorating the inside of their new Escape and we are talking about tape. Here is the latest, we are going to offer decoration for the outside of the trailer. None of this colored striping stuff, we are going for a full wrap.

Can't you envision your own graphic images covering the entire Escape. A full wrap of an image of your grand children, or perhaps that well loved pet or even better your could sell advertising like your local city buses. Maybe a manufacturer that we really like, such as Dometic. The possibilities are endless and they all shout about me. What great personalization.
Paul, I would like a quote for you to add graphics to my trailer. I would like photos of all my favorite politicians. No, wait. Oops. If I were to do that, the trailer would be as white as the day it came out of the mold. Guess I’ll have to opt for the Grandees!
Old 11-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #31

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Quote:
I have been spending too much time on the Escape Facebook page and reading about everyone decorating the inside of their planned Escape. It is a Covid thing to read the posts because they are quite repetitious and a bit of showmanship.
Just keep scrolling! Customization is a big draw for Escape and we have nothing else to do!
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:18 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 21 Escape
Thanks for asking the question!! I did the same thing earlier this week and was sick. I had noticed Escape used tape to join edges and was going to call and see if they sold it... So, now I know they do!
bonitaraders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonitaraders View Post
Thanks for asking the question!! I did the same thing earlier this week and was sick. I had noticed Escape used tape to join edges and was going to call and see if they sold it... So, now I know they do!
I just added it to my build sheet, free! It's probably just a foot long but will be so convenient when I need it.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:58 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
I just added it to my build sheet, free! It's probably just a foot long but will be so convenient when I need it.
I would go for at least 10ft as the tape has varying wood grain. That way you can select the part of the tape that more closely matches the wood grain that you are trying to repair.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I would go for at least 10ft as the tape has varying wood grain. That way you can select the part of the tape that more closely matches the wood grain that you are trying to repair.
Thank you for the intel! I'll ask Joldie how much I'm getting. I'd rather pay a nominal amount than have to pay for international shipping later.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #36

As I posted earlier, I got a foot of the tape years ago and I have 9 inches left. An exact match of the grain pattern is unnecessary. It pretty much disappears.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:24 PM   #37

My ship has come in!

I've received my superabundance of a roll of 1" wide faux oak self-adhesive tape. Baglo was as right as rain...a thin film, good adhesion, and generally disappears upon application. If one knows to study the defect area, or has spectacular vision, or the light is just right, then you can make out the grain difference. I'm pleased, compared to the alternatives.

If you need a foot, I have miles. No crank intended on Escape, but shipping cost was more than twice the material cost. FYI.

And so it goes.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #38

I was curious how much tape before you detect a repeat of the pattern?
Old 11-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #39

Absolutely no idea

If you'll promise to ascertain this question, and re-roll the lot of it, come do so.

I suspect no portion of the tape exactly matches some portion of the paneling, where you want it. It's more of a blend of grain pattern. And in most places, I did not care, enough, or could do anything and change anything about the issue. I tried to blend grain pattern, and saw that was a fools errand.

And so it goes.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #40

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Habberdabber, I will gladly take a foot, and cover shipping and handling etc. Can I message you here with details? Thanks. Theres a place where an overdoor hook on the wardrobe slid during transport and when I opened the door, it gouged the panel behind. No one sees it but me, but it bugs me.

I have used this product (the markers) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Guardsman...RoCfNAQAvD_BwE on furniture at home with great success. As advised, try in an unobtrusive spot for color match.