Please help Newbie w/Inverter Problem - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2021, 10:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Yes, mine looks like that. It has 1, 0 and 11. 0 is clearly off. But neither 1 or 11 work my outlets when the power cord is not attached to shore power. Is something wrong with my trailer?
Old 01-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
I found that switch. However. it doesn't seem to matter if it's at 1 or 11. Neither seem to provide power to my outlets with the shorepower disconnected, even with the remote screen showing the plug in the top right corner of the display. I'm getting worried now....
Use rubicon327's suggestion. Turn the switch on the inverter to ON and unplug from the outlet on the inverter, the cord going to the transfer switch and plug something else into the outlet on the inverter. That will test if the inverter is working or not.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Is it possible the GFCI outlet on the inverter tripped? If you don't have 120v at the inverter's outlet then try resetting the GFCI.
dstreight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Use rubicon327's suggestion. Turn the switch on the inverter to ON and unplug from the outlet on the inverter, the cord going to the transfer switch and plug something else into the outlet on the inverter. That will test if the inverter is working or not.
Will try this first thing in the morning. The dogs are demanding lights out.
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:21 PM   #25

Hmmm. Not sure I know how to do this correctly, but I may have done this already.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:04 AM   #26

Will try that again in the morning.

I don’t know if it’s related or not, but when the heater trailer is plugged into shore power and you turn the heater on...both the heater and the air condition turn on. When it’s not plugged in, the heater runs just fine (no added AC running).
Old 01-03-2021, 07:17 AM   #27

Trailer: ?
ETI will be opened for business on Monday morning.

Give them a call. Someone will be glad to walk you through these issues.

In the mean time, just get stuff packed and enjoy your maiden voyage. The little stuff will get sorted out in time.

The owner’s manual has great advice on getting the trailer properly and safety connected to your tow vehicle.
Required reading.

Enjoy your trip
Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:40 AM   #28

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
With the all outlets inverter option there is a separate breaker box under the dinette bench with the breakers for the A/C circuits powered by the inverter - have you checked that and confirmed that they are on?

Does the GoPower control panel seem to work in turning the inverter on and off - when you hold the AC button (lower left) down for several seconds, the AC icon at the top right of the display comes on? And in doing that again it turns off? It can take 60 seconds or so for the outlets to power up after that AC icon lights up. If you have a microwave, it will also be powered by the inverter and an easy way to tell that the power is on is that the microwave display will light up.

If that is not happening then you could have a faulty inverter or some other problem with wiring. There is a small cable, similar to a phone or PC network cable, that connects the GoPower control panel to the inverter - this is how it sends the signal to the inverter to turn on. You might look for that cable just to make sure it is plugged in to both components.

When you do finally get this resolved, make sure you understand the inverter's capabilities. It can provide power to your 110 outlets, but depending on what you run it can be a heavy drain on your batteries and generally is only used for short periods, not something you turn on and leave running all the time.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
Will try that again in the morning.

I don’t know if it’s related or not, but when the heater trailer is plugged into shore power and you turn the heater on...both the heater and the air condition turn on. When it’s not plugged in, the heater runs just fine (no added AC running).
This happens (when plugged into shore power) because you don't have the thermostat set on automatic. Cycle through the settings until "Auto" shows, then select either cooling or heat.

As to the inverter, I'd follow Tom's (tdf-texas) suggestion of plugging a small load directly into the inverter to start troubleshooting. If you can't get power to the small load, you either are doing something wrong or the inverter is not working. If the small load comes on. switch back to the cord that goes to the transfer switch & check the receptacles.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #30

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
And make sure the transfer switch is plugged into the inverter
Old 01-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #31

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
The outlet on the go power inverter is a GFCI so it is worthwhile to check that out while you are right there.
Good luck and enjoy your trip.
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:10 AM   #32

Thank you thank you thank you..

I tried to submit this earlier, but I don’t see it. So I’ll try again.

Thank you everyone! Thanks to all your help our maiden voyage was saved. We were able to leave Las Vegas (where we live). A little background: This trailer was completed 12/05 2019 and we are just now able to get away. My busy 19 yo daughter works 34 hours a week AND is a full-time freshman at UNLV. She’s on a Dell scholarship so must keep top notch grades.

We spent the night at a lovely Walmart parking lot in Surprise AZ. Our trailer is warm, our refrigerator cold, and our lights are on. Oh, and the truck has proven to be a most excellent choice.

We are slowly making this trailer into a comfy nest and future escape pod. We’re going to need it.

Thank you again,

Gori

PS. We saw an escape outside of Nevada headed toward Vegas!
Old 01-04-2021, 09:12 AM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Gori, what was the solution?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:04 AM   #34

Making sure that the Inverte’s 1, 0, 11 button was on 11, and we reset the bottom inverter reset button by pushing it in with a key, then waiting 60 seconds. We even got the microwave to work this morning. Woot woot.