Posting of Build Sheets - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Posting of Build Sheets

SUGGESTION: Some way for folks to post their build sheets in a central location, possibly organized by model, so those of us planning a purchase can see what others have done, and, ideally, why.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There could be privacy concerns since there is personal as well as financial information. I have prepared a spreadsheet for some of mine listing the options to help other's considering or those that come to see my Escape, I may share it with them. But if you read the top of the forum page "not secure"
Old 05-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
I disagree- all one has to do is make a copy of their build sheet then take a Sharpie to cross out sensitive information. Then take picture and upload it.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I think build sheets without an explanation of the reasons for the decisions would be of little value. Posts that discuss various options and the reasons for them already appear on the forum.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:50 PM   #5

I agree that reasons for specific choices will make a build sheet much more valuable. As an absolute newby I have not even seen a build sheet, but I imagine it would not be difficult to sanitize it of personal information.

I have read a number of posts here with references to build sheets, modifications, and planned modifications that require prior planning on a build sheet. The difficulty is winnowing through all the individual posts to find the suggestions and then asking for individual build sheets from each member. A central location for the information would make it much more useful. This is reason for the suggestion.

I think it would be invaluable to those of us who are 'long term planners' when we construct our own build sheets. As we embark on our own build we would find it of immeasurable assistance.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #6

All true.
But, who is going to sift through the posts and request the build sheets?

You could just post on this thread, requesting build sheets, and see if anybody complies and how many posts about poutine you get.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
I agree that reasons for specific choices will make a build sheet much more valuable. As an absolute newby I have not even seen a build sheet, but I imagine it would not be difficult to sanitize it of personal information.

I have read a number of posts here with references to build sheets, modifications, and planned modifications that require prior planning on a build sheet. The difficulty is winnowing through all the individual posts to find the suggestions and then asking for individual build sheets from each member. A central location for the information would make it much more useful. This is reason for the suggestion.

I think it would be invaluable to those of us who are 'long term planners' when we construct our own build sheets. As we embark on our own build we would find it of immeasurable assistance.
I agree with your idea in theory, but generic build sheets without the context of owner decisions will be just a list of items. You may find other threads very valuable such as ““Necessary” options” and “I wish I had...”. Threads like this have a way of pulling out pertinent information on favorite options and why they were chosen (or not) very quickly.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...ons-14902.html
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...had-14967.html
Old 05-01-2019, 09:34 PM   #8

The best reason to see other's build sheets is to see things you might not have thought important- either because of instinct or because of ignorance; that being primarily due to being unaware of the "off label" options. Why anyone could be opposed to this ideas is beyond me. Seeing just two other's build sheets when I asked for them in a PM helped immensely.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #9

Go ahead. You start.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #10

Oh, I have your permission?
Old 05-02-2019, 06:48 AM   #11

Even having the owner's reasoning for an item will not make it useful to your needs, but there is one way to build the ideal Escape, called the "propane plan". when it is time to refill your propane tanks, you order a new Escape with filled propane tanks, with all the items and changes you know you want then. Then later, as things change and you propane is getting low, you order another Escape, this time changing again items you feel need to be made. Finally, on the 4th time, you get it right. In addition all of these changes you made, you have enjoyed 3 new trailers. Also with Escape holding their value, your short sales are wash sales in that you roll over the same money. While you are at it, you show your Escape and get customer referrals. Escape will pay you $200cn for every referral that ends up a purchase. I had them hold my referrals, more than 16 over 6 years and with my own purchase and resales, I'm both, one of their best salesmen, as well as customers. These referrals help with new additions and changes to each model build sheet and Escape will also throw in a bonus for repeat customers sometimes. It is a win win for everyone and no build sheet fretting......
Old 05-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
I have to agree just a listing of build sheets would have little value to me, reading all the post about why someone chose this and someone else decided they did not need that is where the value in the information is for me. Sort of like the electric and manual awning debate. This of course is just my opinion but what I will say if you are thinking about ordering an Escape now's the time to do it, very favorable exchange rate.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #13

Maybe I misunderstand the purpose of this part of the forum. I was looking for a central location for this information, rather than having it scattered all over the place, accessible only by individual searches.

Now I wonder if that is even possible.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #14

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
SUGGESTION: Some way for folks to post their build sheets in a central location, possibly organized by model, so those of us planning a purchase can see what others have done, and, ideally, why.

I think you are asking for a big ol’ proverbial pile of hay, but here you go. You might have questions, ask away.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Escape Final Build Sheet page 1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	38839Click image for larger version

Name:	Escape Final Build Sheet page 2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	38840Click image for larger version

Name:	Escape Final Build Sheet page 3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	38841
Old 05-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #15

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Personally, there can be sniping on this forum. Someone posts that they added the under body foam insulation, someone replies "it's ugly", then someone posts that "only people that want to run up their price by ordering every accessory order foam insulation", then someone else says "foam insulation works", then we get into sound deadening attributes of foam. No, do not post build sheets, it can get confusing and somewhat negative fast. All one gets are personal opinions, it is hard to find a hard fact.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #16

The genisis of my suggestion was reading the post "Modifications to Eggscape" in the Mods section. It is a very long thread with excellent ideas and mods by someone who is obviously very experienced with Escapes and is willing to share. What really impressed me was his ordering his new Escape and detailing the build changes that would support planned mods in the future. I was hoping to reduce the burden on individual Escape owners, but now think that not possible. I am hopeful that those I contact individually are patient.

Sclifricson: Thanks for the posting, I see what you mean. I had not previously seen an actual build sheet. Just the build sheets are of limited help without knowing the reason certain changes were requested.

I will now pursue individual contact or specific threads that show ideas that appeal to me, and construct my own list of possible desired build sheet items to investigate.

Thanks all for your input. When I finally have my list of items for my build sheet I will post it, with reasons, in case anyone might find it helpful. (Or tell me where I am making mistakes, something I do with great regularity).
Old 05-02-2019, 08:46 AM   #17

There really is no shortcut, Mike to obtain the wealth of knowledge demonstrated here on the forum by it's members. It takes a lot of reading time and questions to become experience Escapers and even those are still learning. After more than 17,00 posts I'm still learning. Once you have become one of the hardened Escapists you will understand and appreciate all the effort in keeping the orderly fashion to the forum and processing it's information. Also some owners do not participate nor post their modifications, others are proud of them, personal preference.
Attending a rally and seeing in person some of the trailers is, IMHO, one of the best way to learn while seeing what can be done to your Escape, both before and after acquisition.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #18

One caveat to posting and seeing other build sheets. Escape has the final decision making on any change and anything you may see as no charge can now result in an additional cost. It does not obligate Escape Industries to follow past practices into the future. Prices should not be an issue for discussion for an individual item.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #19

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
One caveat to posting and seeing other build sheets. Escape has the final decision making on any change and anything you may see as no charge can now result in an additional cost. It does not obligate Escape Industries to follow past practices into the future. Prices should to be an issue for discussion for an individual item.

And to add on to that, just because Escape did something once upon a time is no guarantee they will do it today. There are a few items on my build, for instance, that they won’t currently do.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
It's not too hard to find a list of various build sheets:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...+"build+sheet"

Sure, they aren't grouped by type, but in a few minutes you should be able to find a couple that interest you.

Here's mine:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...done-9209.html
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote