Posting photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posting photos

Thought I had read a while back something about posting pics from a Macbook Pro ( sometimes stuff just takes so long for non-techies ) ...... can't find it . We can't seem to post any photos here and would love to share ...... so far everything is rejected as file too big and am wondering if the thing is trying to pick up the whole album ..... our sizes usually work for everything.......... any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated .
Old 08-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Re: Posting photos

You need to reduce the image size to 600 pixels on the longest direction ( wide or tall ).
Look for Image Size in the photo processing program you are using, or look for Save For Web ( or something similar ).
And, you can only file two at a time with a minute or so between posts ( that's to stop spam ).

When you change size, "save as" with a different name so you retain your original pic.

baglo
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo
You need to reduce the image size to 600 pixels on the longest direction ( wide or tall ).
Look for Image Size in the photo processing program you are using, or look for Save For Web ( or something similar ).
And, you can only file two at a time with a minute or so between posts ( that's to stop spam ).

When you change size, "save as" with a different name so you retain your original pic.

baglo
Thanks for your help ( and it did help ) , kind of hoped there might be a resizing thingee on the forum ..... being a couple of non- techie old croaks we always wish for a little window to pop up and say "click here " and then pc everything . Iphoto doesn't actually have a resize option - it's just album storage so I had to go choose pics and place on desk top then resize and make a posting album - which I will now try to post -2 at a time ..... again thanks
Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
JCZ

Gabi, if you host your photos on a photo hosting web site then this might help you....(click on this link).... http://escapeforum.org/index.php?top...18531#msg18531

I'm technology challenged also. But with the help of others, I've kind of stumbled around and learned a few things along the way. I hope this is of some help.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ
Gabi, if you host your photos on a photo hosting web site then this might help you....(click on this link).... http://escapeforum.org/index.php?top...18531#msg18531

I'm technology challenged also. But with the help of others, I've kind of stumbled around and learned a few things along the way. I hope this is of some help.
Thanks ... I noticed that , need to check into that .... it is nice to ( and handy ) post a series of pics rather than by 2's ......
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19

I use shrinkpictures.com -- it's easy. Set for 600 pixels. Once done, I right click on the image, "save as" to desktop, then attach to the post, then recycle.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 15A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wray
I use shrinkpictures.com -- it's easy. Set for 600 pixels. Once done, I right click on the image, "save as" to desktop, then attach to the post, then recycle.

Bruce
Ive got my pic reduced and on my desk top but can't see how to attach to my post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

if it is reduced and on your desktop then you click on additional options and there will be a button for attachments, click it and it will take you to your desktop where you click the photo and "upload" button.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 15A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (jim)
if it is reduced and on your desktop then you click on additional options and there will be a button for attachments, click it and it will take you to your desktop where you click the photo and "upload" button.
Thanks that worked.