Power delay? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2019, 06:13 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIJ Michael View Post
During our orientation on July 24th it was suggested that when arriving at a campsite to plug in the camper and go check the EMS for any error codes. If none you are good to go, if there is a code that can't be fixed easily then stop setting up and notify the proper campsite personnel. The reasoning was no need setting up if you are not going to be in that site. There have been a few times when I thought the breaker was on but was actually off, doing it this way allowed the EMS to go through its delay and power the trailer in the quickest amount of time. Which our Boxer, Eli, appreciated having the AC start working sooner in those 90+ degree days during our trip home.
The most common problem I've seen when hooking up, and this rarely, is reversed polarity. The EMS will detect this.

One operator told me "no problem, your stuff will work anyway".

I left the CG

The EMS will also detect low voltage conditions and shut down before any harm is done( if working properly).

I used to use a portable EMS and a voltage regulator but don't anymore.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:37 AM   #22

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've had power issues twice, at the time the campgrounds were full, changing sites means changing campgrounds. Both were intermittent, open ground, and low line voltage. Reseating the cable and the pedestals breaker cleared the 1st.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Our EMS is in continuous bypass mode so I just plug in and go about the business of setting up our trailer . Witnessed my first bad pedestal last week , quick fix .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, power, surge protected