Problem with Dometic DM2663LBX - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Problem with Dometic DM2663LBX

Well, I'm at about 25 months into my 24 month warranty (that's how things go) 21' Escape and had planned to camp this weekend when my lovely wife advised me that the refrigerator would not start, no lights in control etc.

I confirmed shore power at both the converter box and at the outlet on the back of the unit. I have confirmed continuity on the 3 fuses in the back control area and the 12 panel and all show as good. I would suspect the main power module board in the back of the unit to be the problem because that is the 'smarter' board. Finding a replacement power module can be fun and those I've seem do not have both the 3A and 5A fuses on the control board.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it? Thanks for your help and time. - Dan
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:06 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Do you have 12vdc at the fridge?
Old 06-14-2020, 06:42 PM   #3

Sorry, I got to include that I have confirmed 12v power to the refrigerator.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #4

Solution to my issue

After confirming that all fuses were in good order and the thermal fuse in the flue was not tripped it left only the control itself that would seem to be the failure. Thanks to the help from All Seasons RV [https://www.facebook.com/All-Seasons...2569479122310] I was able to secure the correct control (confirmed by Dometic) and the control included both the main control module and the user interface control that in on the front of the unit. All is working well for under a $100 in parts I'm ready to go again.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I'm surprised at the price when it cost me $80+ just for a plastic shelf.

It's nice to encounter a good RV repair place.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
After confirming that all fuses were in good order and the thermal fuse in the flue was not tripped it left only the control itself that would seem to be the failure. Thanks to the help from All Seasons RV [https://www.facebook.com/All-Seasons...2569479122310] I was able to secure the correct control (confirmed by Dometic) and the control included both the main control module and the user interface control that in on the front of the unit. All is working well for under a $100 in parts I'm ready to go again.
We have the same problem with our new (to us) 21 Escape 2663 ref. All power seems to work in camper except for fridge. On auto, it goes to gas. DC works. We have checked breakers and fuses, outlet plug on the outside to no avail. Where is the thermal fuse in the flue located, that is not one we have seen? Any help is appreciated, our Escape is also about 25-26 months old, so out of warranty. Thank you.
gentlewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
Did you get your fridge to work? And were you able to find the thermal fuse in the flue? Thanks. Having similar problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlewind View Post
We have the same problem with our new (to us) 21 Escape 2663 ref. All power seems to work in camper except for fridge. On auto, it goes to gas. DC works. We have checked breakers and fuses, outlet plug on the outside to no avail. Where is the thermal fuse in the flue located, that is not one we have seen? Any help is appreciated, our Escape is also about 25-26 months old, so out of warranty. Thank you.
Glenn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #8

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Yes, we finally resolved this problem......after replacing the circuit board (twice) to no avail, we called an RV repairman. We had done EVERYTHING possible...BUT the power CORD! It was an intermittent power cord, must have had cracked wires inside.....a new cord fixed the problem. Would have been a simple fix if we had known a cord could and does go bad. Repair guy said it could have been crushed or bent when installed? Anyway it works now! Good luck to you. Dometic is absolutely no help, they only told us circuit board was obsolete with no replacement....nice, on a 2 year old unit.
gentlewind is offline   Reply With Quote