Propane Quick connect and new barbeque search - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2010 escape 19
I was fortunate early this year. Lowes building supply had a stainless steel Barbque for less than $100cdn THis was table top with folding legs and a lid latch so just pick it up by the handle.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We bought a Weber Q1200 and were going to hook it up to the quick connect but in the end stuck with the propane bottles. Have been looking at gas fire pits. If the wind is wrong and your neighbor has a smokey campfire, things can get kind of bad. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:17 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Of course no smoke from the propane campfire!
Old 07-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
We bought a Weber Q1200 and were going to hook it up to the quick connect but in the end stuck with the propane bottles.
Also use a Weber Q1200 and love it...just wish they made it easier to screw the small propane bottles on. A combination of the threading, the angle and the tight space where the bottle fits makes it difficult. We also have a small hose that allows us to run it off a 20 lb tank.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21
Saving this great info

Thanks everyone for all the great info. Will this forum save the thread or do I save it somewhere else to refer to it ?
Lee B
Lee B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee B View Post
Thanks everyone for all the great info. Will this forum save the thread or do I save it somewhere else to refer to it ?
Lee B
Bookmark it in your browser.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #27

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Bookmark it in your browser.
Also, you can go to the top and find "Thread Tools" and choose "Subscribe to this Thread." You then will be notified of any new posts, especially handy if you've been camping and out of touch for a while.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Webber 1000 small flames

We use a Webber Q1000 with the regulator removed. When using the hose supplied by ETI, I find that the Webber's flames are quite small (about 1/4 inch maximum). I never used the Webber with the regulator, so I don't know how high the maximum flames should be. (They are also quite easily blown out by the wind.)

One thought I've had is the ETI hose or quick disconnect orifice is restricting the gas flow.

I'm interested in the flame size others have and if anyone replaced the quick disconnect or hose to increase the gas flow.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Finished the inverter so moving on to next project, change my old Primus grill to low pressure to hook into my external propane port. Finally found all the connections needed but still no flame. Escape is a 2013 and external port has not be previously used. With port open I cannot feel any pressure and detect no gas oder. I can see the propane hose crossing underneath the camper to other side where I guess it is T'd into the line going down that side. ( I have sprayed insulation so can't see the connection) Any suggestions? (and before anyone asks the grill regulator has been removed)
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #30

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Can you just connect the male side of the quick connect, no grill, turn on the gas and see if you can hear or smell it. I don't think gas comes out the female quick connect unless the male is in place.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I got the propane quick connect but ended up buying a grill with higher BTUs and lower price that I couldn’t find a connector for. I didn’t want to use disposable bottles so bought a little 4.5 lb. refillable tank and the appropriate hose. Works well for me and I can use the grill anywhere including when I’m not with the trailer. Someday I’ll use that quick connect feature I paid extra for, the only option I haven’t been able to use!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Finished the inverter so moving on to next project, change my old Primus grill to low pressure to hook into my external propane port. Finally found all the connections needed but still no flame. Escape is a 2013 and external port has not be previously used. With port open I cannot feel any pressure and detect no gas oder. I can see the propane hose crossing underneath the camper to other side where I guess it is T'd into the line going down that side. ( I have sprayed insulation so can't see the connection) Any suggestions? (and before anyone asks the grill regulator has been removed)
Well gas is getting through the hose and various connecting pieces so problem seems to be the gas pressure is too low to power this older Primus two burner stove. Did get one burner to light but at full on not much flame or heat. About to cancel this project.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
High pressure connections are easier to deal with. After recommendation from a good friend, I bought this for my cooking stove and it works well. The 12' hose length is good enough that I can connect it to the propane bottles in front of the trailer and cook at a table near the door.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So my outside shower (ie, kitchen sink) and my stove are handily next to each other - it makes the area like an outside kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
Propane hose.jpg  
Old 07-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #34

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Well gas is getting through the hose and various connecting pieces so problem seems to be the gas pressure is too low to power this older Primus two burner stove. Did get one burner to light but at full on not much flame or heat. About to cancel this project.

Does your Primus stove have its own regulator if so that’s a problem also some appliances are just not meant to run on 11”WC.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
We didn't get the low pressure quick-connect option, but....We got this little gem. The Tee permanently resides on one of our Escape propane tanks. We do have another hose as well, so we can use a camp stove, grill, or campfire in a can most anywhere around our campsite.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59143-B...co+propane+tee
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
We didn't get the low pressure quick-connect option, but....We got this little gem. The Tee permanently resides on one of our Escape propane tanks. We do have another hose as well, so we can use a camp stove, grill, or campfire in a can most anywhere around our campsite.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59143-B...co+propane+tee
with that many fittings, I hope you do the soapy water leak test every time you connect/disconnect... propane fires can be nasty.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #37

I just went through this trying to get my older camp stove to run on the external low pressure port on my Escape. I finally gave up and ordered a Partner Steel 18" 2 Burner Stove from Element Outfitters. I'll use a 1 (5 lb) gal refillable propane tank so will be able to cook anywhere. A bit expensive but will last a life time.
Partner Steel 18" 2 Burner Propane Stove with Wind Screen
Old 08-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That is a nice looking stove and should work fine. I have 2 options, a Coleman Gladiator series with 12k btu burners and a cast iron griddle https://www.coleman.com/gladiator-se...rc=ds&start=13
or just bought a full sized griddle https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Ta...kstone+griddle
may just keep the griddle and sell the other.
on edit, both are high pressure appliances.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #39

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have the hookups to use the quick connect from the trailer and sometimes do use it for the campfire in a can but usually I prefer to use the 11 lb propane cylinder for our Weber Q 120, Everest camp stove, and the campfire in a can because of the location of the picnic Table and general layout of many campsites. To each his own.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #40

Trailer: 2013 15B
I have a Weber Portable BBQ. Just the right size for camping and it doubles (with proper precautions to prevent burning) as an oven for things like pizza. Yes, you must remove the regulator. And as far as the length of the line is concerned, I went to a local firm specializing in propane hoses and bought one that must be close to 15' and have never had a problem. A small utility table is very useful--LL Bean sells one that is a perfect match for the bbq.
Pender Paul is offline   Reply With Quote