Propane Quick Connect Recall - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
Propane Quick Connect Recall

I got the email from Escape about the propane quick connect recall. I was able to verify the first step that the connector on my 21ne may be affected. But I can't see any numbers on the connector pertaining to step 2. So, it appears I will have to remove the quick connect in order to find out if it needs to be replaced. Ant suggestions on how to do that? Any safety concerns?
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Make sure your gas is shut off. I had two bolts through a manifold that the recalled valve screws into. I took those off. Mine were surprisingly 9mm. There will be about a foot of hose then that gives you enough flex to check the numbers. You then simply, using two wrenches, unscrew the valve if you need to replace it. One wrench holds the fitting on the hose / manifold while you loosen the valve. Some gas approved pipe dope on the new valve threads, tighten it back on using the two wrenches. Then put the two bolts in to mount the manifold. Check for leaks with gas check fluid or soapy water. Then enjoy your connection.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
I got the email from Escape about the propane quick connect recall. I was able to verify the first step that the connector on my 21ne may be affected. But I can't see any numbers on the connector pertaining to step 2. So, it appears I will have to remove the quick connect in order to find out if it needs to be replaced. Ant suggestions on how to do that? Any safety concerns?
Look on the third picture down on your email, that’s the easy way to find the number you need, it’s on the back end.

I have many tools, wrenches, all of it, but most just sit in a box.
Most plumbing, gas, hvac can be handled with a couple of channel locks. Get a small and medium and you will easily handle this job and many others.

Don’t forget to to get pipe dope.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:23 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I received my new manifold yesterday, going to wait until it stops raining before attempting to replace it. Pipe dope is supposed to arrive today also.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I received my new manifold yesterday, going to wait until it stops raining before attempting to replace it. Pipe dope is supposed to arrive today also.
Did you get notified by ETI that your trailer is part of the recall, or are you replacing out of caution? They have a video out on the recall, and supposedly only trailers built between July 2021 and March 2022 are affected (Karl even mentioned he thought the true cutoff was more like November of 2021).

I remember you got your trailer just ahead of ours (which was completed in late May/early June of this year), so I’m just curious. We haven’t received any notice from ETI.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:16 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Did you get notified by ETI that your trailer is part of the recall, or are you replacing out of caution? They have a video out on the recall, and supposedly only trailers built between July 2021 and March 2022 are affected (Karl even mentioned he thought the true cutoff was more like November of 2021).

I remember you got your trailer just ahead of ours (which was completed in late May/early June of this year), so I’m just curious. We haven’t received any notice from ETI.
No notification from Escape, doing it on my own....
Old 08-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
No notification from Escape, doing it on my own....
Thank you very much, good to know.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post

My 21 was built in Dec 2021 and after checking the quick disconnect markings I'm in the recall. I'm thinking Escapes first in first out inventory control is not all that good so check the markings on the disconnect to be sure.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:21 AM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
The date on the quick connect on our 21 NE is stamped on the surface that is most difficult to access. The surface faces the mounting bracket for the step. We used a mirror and a flashlight, held in place, to photograph the date, then used the same mirror to read the "mirror image". The photo shows the week and the year, backwards. Very awkward to locate. 15th week of 2021.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6408.jpeg   IMG_6409.jpeg  
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote