Question on 2 way water heater - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #41

Trailer: 21' foot 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Check to make sure you have not left the tank taps in bypass mode.
Thank you Eggscape. Good thought but no. I looked. And I never did put it in bypass mode. I drained it in September, and blew it all out dry with a compressor. Still head scratching. Local help is sparse at the New Year.
pittendrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #42

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittendrigh View Post
Deja Vu all over again. I burned my element a year ago. Replaced myself. Worked well several times.

Just drove 4 days. No hot water. Replacing element is easy second time around (two way Suburban heater). So I bought new and replaced. Still no hot water, from gas or electric. Not sure how to trouble shoot. Dang. Left my multi meter at home. May have to buy another.

Breaker is fine. Stove and gas furnace work well.
When trying on gas is the interior red light coming on indicating it is trying to fire?
Maybe check the high limit reset buttons on the exterior under the black rubber? If not that then maybe a bad control board
https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-5208.../dp/B003G9J4RC
Supposedly the universal Dinosaur Electronics boards work too
https://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Elec...0002MG2IK?th=1
Attached Thumbnails
7A84C159-E634-4192-9A64-FCD370C62079.jpeg   56958174-C73B-417A-A9FA-AE7B58513AC9.jpg  
Old 12-29-2019, 08:58 AM   #43

Trailer: 21' foot 2019
The reset buttons were fine. I'm an idiot. I replaced the 110 element but never turned OFF the off/on switch. Did that and gas came on. Now I can take a shower. And take my time figuring out why 110 still doesn't work. Thank you everybody.
pittendrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittendrigh View Post
The reset buttons were fine. I'm an idiot. I replaced the 110 element but never turned OFF the off/on switch. Did that and gas came on. Now I can take a shower. And take my time figuring out why 110 still doesn't work. Thank you everybody.
Uh, the electric on/off switch has nothing to do with the gas lighting.

I run my hot water heater with both gas and electric on a regular basis - it makes it like a tankless hot water heater with an somewhat endless supply of hot water!

Something else is going on than the on/off switch. The gas circuit and the electric circuit are separate - neither controls the other. The only device common to both circuits is the thermostat and even there, the two circuits are controlled on separate contacts - one DC and the other AC.

I'm glad you now have hot water but I don't think your problem is solved. Maybe the act of switching the on/off switch jarred something that was a little loose and that is what the problem with the gas circuit actually is.

Your gas lighting problem is likely to come back until you find out exactly what is causing it. By the way, intermittent problems are the hardest to solve - I wish the best of luck in getting it repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
sw6de-1.png   sw6de-2.png