Question plumbing lines - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
actually don't need hot water. It's really the friction that is most powerful for mechanical removal.
Also, wouldn't using hot water improve the solubility of the soap and more evenly distribute it on the surface making it more effective?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:11 AM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Emptying the grey water bucket (collecting only the water from the kitchen sink, since we're a 17A):

I usually empty it at a max. of 3-4 gallons, so ≤30 lbs. of water. Since we scrape our dishes before washing, the water can sometimes be used for the last dousing of the campfire.
I don't drag it anywhere. It sits in the back of the tow to take to the appropriate legal dump site, rest room, or grey water sump that's provided in many campgrounds.
Ours is legal virtually everywhere, because it has a sealed top with a threaded connection for the hose from the trailer drain port. The threaded connection is in the 3" cap built into the 5 gal. bucket lid, where when removed, allows for emptying.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #43

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Also, wouldn't using hot water improve the solubility of the soap and more evenly distribute it on the surface making it more effective?

Ron
It does feel like hot water is more effective, but it's the lathering that is important that comes with hand rubbing for the duration of 2 'Happy Birthdays' or other 15-20 second song or recitation. Don't forget between fingers and rubbing nails in the palms. We may not always do it this well, but important to know when it counts with the current pandemic. By the way, there will be a quiz at the end of the week....

Not having a hot water heater may not make sense to others, but it keeps me aware of how much water I'm using. I try to only heat up what I need. It takes effort on my part so I think through how best to use it. I appreciate it more than when if flows from a faucet. Putting attention to the basics slows me down...it's a 'chop wood, carry water' thing, I guess.
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Emptying the grey water bucket (collecting only the water from the kitchen sink, since we're a 17A):

I usually empty it at a max. of 3-4 gallons, so ≤30 lbs. of water. Since we scrape our dishes before washing, the water can sometimes be used for the last dousing of the campfire.
I don't drag it anywhere. It sits in the back of the tow to take to the appropriate legal dump site, rest room, or grey water sump that's provided in many campgrounds.
Ours is legal virtually everywhere, because it has a sealed top with a threaded connection for the hose from the trailer drain port. The threaded connection is in the 3" cap built into the 5 gal. bucket lid, where when removed, allows for emptying.
Well thought out system.
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote