Re-installing emergency exit window screen. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Re-installing emergency exit window screen.

Never mind: I finally figured it out. THanks
SammyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I just removed mine permanently as I never opened that window. It's amazing how much more light comes in through the window. What a view!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
My wife came to me a few days out from Osoyoos looking worried. Said the screen came out and she couldn't get it back in. I showed her the wire clips all the way around the perimeter and explained they go along the edge of the frame and just wedge the screen in place. I guess she thought she broke it. Another crisis averted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I just removed mine permanently as I never opened that window. It's amazing how much more light comes in through the window. What a view!
Karen, do you have an opening back window? I open the egress window to get cross ventilation... Ten Forward really needs it in the U-shape dinette when it's warm outside.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Karen, do you have an opening back window? I open the egress window to get cross ventilation... Ten Forward really needs it in the U-shape dinette when it's warm outside.
My opening windows are the back side passenger one and both front (driver and passenger) side windows; non-openers are the rear, kitchen and front windows. With the Maxx fan and screen door, I get plenty of ventilation. But remember I have a very small trailer and I try to avoid camping in any temps above the 80s.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
All that makes sense Karen. THANKS!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We open our emergency window on the 21' but did not on the 19'. The screen on the 19' did not fit right and there was a rubber seal that was messed up that we could not get back on right.

On the 21', not those problems but others. We open it but the arm is bent or something else is wrong and it can only be propped from the outside now. We had not used it very much when it went bad.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We open our emergency window on the 21' but did not on the 19'. The screen on the 19' did not fit right and there was a rubber seal that was messed up that we could not get back on right.

On the 21', not those problems but others. We open it but the arm is bent or something else is wrong and it can only be propped from the outside now. We had not used it very much when it went bad.
Cathy we use the exit window on our 19 as long as it isn't next to road . But had to call Escape when screen came off and couldn't get it back on . It doesn't go back like you would think .Was hard to reinstall a couple more times , now we got it . Drilled hole and have a pin to install on opening arm so it won't close unexpectedly , saw someone else had posted on forum .maybe there are replacement parts you could get . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Cathy we use the exit window on our 19 as long as it isn't next to road . But had to call Escape when screen came off and couldn't get it back on . It doesn't go back like you would think .Was hard to reinstall a couple more times , now we got it . Drilled hole and have a pin to install on opening arm so it won't close unexpectedly , saw someone else had posted on forum .maybe there are replacement parts you could get . Pat
Pat, I know it is something simple but I have not looked at it. The screens now are much improved. A pin on the arm as you have seems necessary now on ours. It does not catch as it did, and yes, could close by itself!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:10 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
If you have a leftover piece of plastic pipe and a table saw, cutting a slot in the pipe works well. Then slip it over the arm from the outside.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Pat, can you give me a little more detail on how to reinstall the screen? I took mine out to clean the frame thinking, "how hard can it be?" Now I know ... Pretty hard. Where do yo along the clips and do you reinstall from inside or outside? Thanks!
Rich
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Pat, can you give me a little more detail on how to reinstall the screen? I took mine out to clean the frame thinking, "how hard can it be?" Now I know ... Pretty hard. Where do yo along the clips and do you reinstall from inside or outside? Thanks!
Rich
I will as soon as I get out to trailer . Pat
Old 06-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Rich
Rich you install from inside . Kind of put one side in twisting just a little . The clips you see do not go in a grove they sit on the first ledge . You should see about at least 1/8 of the outside edge inside your trailer . The clips hold the screen tightly in the frame . Let me know if this helps ? Pat
Old 06-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Rich you install from inside . Kind of put one side in twisting just a little . The clips you see do not go in a grove they sit on the first ledge . You should see about at least 1/8 of the outside edge inside your trailer . The clips hold the screen tightly in the frame . Let me know if this helps ? Pat
Thanks, Pat. Gonna give it a try this afternoon and will let you know. I think it's like the awning; once you figure it out you say, "Oh, so THAT's how it works!" We'll see ...
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #15

Quote:
When I say outside edge being inside your trailer , I am meaning the outside edge of your screen being inside trailer having about 1/8 of the frame edge showing in your trailer . The screen then is snapped tightly in the window frame . Pat