Refrigerator not working and photos of Camano - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2015, 05:50 PM   #41

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Ion at the chart Glen posted, full is 12.73v, 50% is 12.1v, try not to go below 50%. When you get home plug in the trailer for a few days to fully charge. Then disconnect from the 110vac, disconnect the 12vdc, wait 24 hours and see what the voltage is. This should show your full state. Don't know what you are using to tell the voltage but it might be a good time to get one of those 12 volt socket meterslike cpaharley used.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Ellen the best you can let us know how your doing . I will be thinking of you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Apollo, this is Houston, we have ignition

Or do we? Set it to run on gas, wait 15 minutes of so, open exterior cover and touch the area in the lower right. To the right of the plastic catch tray, by the metal box. It should be warm to touch.

That's a good starting point to confirm that the propane side is functional and operating.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
P4090011_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ellen someday you are going to laugh about this . You are going to be ok . Can you get a ice chest for your cold food ? Flashlights to see by . Can you remove your batteries and take them maybe a auto parts store and let them charge at least a day or go this hurts buy 2 batteries and replace . You have a trailer and gas to warm food and keep warm . Forget the electrical until you can get them charged. You can get some bottle water to drink , flush with and clean up until Sunday . You are really camping now . You will be ok . Pat
But Pat, this trailer is 12 days old. She shouldn't have to buy new batteries if something is wrong. She says never above 12.4 to begin with. If there is a problem, ETI should address it. And you are right; she will laugh about this but only after it is resolved.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Thanks so much Pat!!!! I just hung up with Rease -- will post our conversation after reviewing my notes.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #46

OK, just hung up from conversation with Rease (who is awesome, as you all know).
This is the plan:
I'm going to go back to the site and hook up to my Tahoe. Will run for an hour at 1000-1200 rpm.
Will borrow the camp host's ladder and clear the pine needles off the top of the solar panel (that problem only dawned on me during the conversation).
Tomorrow will move to a site with access to light.
Tonight will not run furnace and will turn off refrigerator.
Tomorrow will check and if amps are at least .01, at least solar is working.
My notes for the future:
12.6-11.8 is normal range for solar.
10.6 is the lowest to ever get.
Rease assured me I'm not hurting the system, which was a big concern.
I'm leaving Starbucks (as in wifi) so will not be able to check the Forum any more today but will report back tomorrow.
Thank you to everyone for your input -- without all your posts I would not have realized I was in trouble and wouldn't have called Rease.
Really, really appreciate you all!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #47

And will call the doctor in the morning!
Old 10-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Apollo, this is Houston, we have ignition

Or do we? Set it to run on gas, wait 15 minutes of so, open exterior cover and touch the area in the lower right. To the right of the plastic catch tray, by the metal box. It should be warm to touch.

That's a good starting point to confirm that the propane side is functional and operating.

Ron
Well, there goes my suggestion all used up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
But Pat, this trailer is 12 days old. She shouldn't have to buy new batteries if something is wrong. She says never above 12.4 to begin with. If there is a problem, ETI should address it. And you are right; she will laugh about this but only after it is resolved.
Carl I meant if she wanted the electrical . I would do as I said get ice chest , Water , flashlight maybe a lattern and enjoy my paid time there . I have the 2 6 volts and in 4 days when I got home I was 11.4 . That was 2 years ago . Never let batteries get that low again . I have portable panel and small gen . I don't believe my 2 batteries were above 12.4 either . She isn't in sun and the time of year won't charge those batteries . I think I read 150-160 is not a lot of battery power for 2 6 volts . Better would be about 200 or more . I think I Will just get another 80 watt portable at least you can move them around .anyway Ellen is going to be fine . In fact when I go to beach I can only get them up to 12.5 when they settle down . Now the gen in couple hours get them up 12 7 in couple hours . So I know I need more solar if that is to work good . Anyway Including me this is a learning experience. I don't think there is anything wrong with the system . If after getting those batteries a good charge and things aren't working then Escape needs to take care of it . I just mentioned other batteries, which is not the way I would go ,if Ellen felt more comfortable with everything working in trailer as she expected . I just would enjoy the great site an quiet until I leave . Pat
Old 10-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
OK, just hung up from conversation with Rease
I'm really glad you talked to Rease as I believe there was undue panic over the low battery readings. I have a bank of 6V deep-cycle batteries at my cabin and they often get down to somewhat below 12 volts before I crank up the generator. I got ten years out of the first set, seven out of the second (post-retirement) and am now in the fifth year on the third set. Deep-cycle batteries can take more than is intimated here.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I'm really glad you talked to Rease as I believe there was undue panic over the low battery readings. I have a bank of 6V deep-cycle batteries at my cabin and they often get down to somewhat below 12 volts before I crank up the generator. I got ten years out of the first set, seven out of the second (post-retirement) and am now in the fifth year on the third set. Deep-cycle batteries can take more than is intimated here.
I would agree, Karen. Golf cart batteries often go below 11 volts with no problem. I also doubt that her batteries are dead. She picked up the trailer 12 days ago so they are essentially "new," just discharged somewhat.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #52

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
In just over two hours, the good folks on this Forum provided six pages of well-intentioned support to a new friend in need. As I've said before, this Forum and the good people on it was the deciding factor on choosing Escape. Kudos to all of you!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
In just over two hours, the good folks on this Forum provided six pages of well-intentioned support to a new friend in need. As I've said before, this Forum and the good people on it was the deciding factor on choosing Escape. Kudos to all of you!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
And if worse comes to worse, I'm not too far away from Camano Island and can help out until Ellen gets back on her feet or back into shape as the case may be. I suspect there are others not too far away either.

Edited: In fact, Ellen if you are not back up on your batteries by late tomorrow afternoon, I could run down there with my generator to get you charged up enough for you to get by. Fall/winter is not a good time to be dependent on solar in the PNW. Just PM me with your number if you need help.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #55

Quote:
With my settings at 40 posts per page, I am just getting going on the 2nd page of this thread. Nonetheless, it sure is nice to see this much help being offered right away.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #56

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
With my settings at 40 posts per page, I am just getting going on the 2nd page of this thread. Nonetheless, it sure is nice to see this much help being offered right away.
Your eyesight must be waaaay better than mine, Jim!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I would agree, Karen. Golf cart batteries often go below 11 volts with no problem. I also doubt that her batteries are dead. She picked up the trailer 12 days ago so they are essentially "new," just discharged somewhat.
Carl. Just noticed you have a fifth wheel trailer . You have the 6.7 which I have read works good on 12 volt . I think Ellen has the 4.3 which will not run good on 12 volt . That is what I have . That can be a difference in operating . Anyway this will get resolved . Pat
Old 10-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
And if worse comes to worse, I'm not too far away from Camano Island and can help out until Ellen gets back on her feet or back into shape as the case may be. I suspect there are others not too far away either.

Edited: In fact, Ellen if you are not back up on your batteries by late tomorrow afternoon, I could run down there with my generator to get you charged up enough for you to get by. Fall/winter is not a good time to be dependent on solar in the PNW. Just PM me with your number if you need help.
That is real nice of you Karen . Your gen will take care of those batteries . Pat
Old 10-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #59

Quote:
Your eyesight must be waaaay better than mine, Jim!
Are you saying I look better than you?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Carl. Just noticed you have a fifth wheel trailer . You have the 6.7 which I have read works good on 12 volt . I think Ellen has the 4.3 which will not run good on 12 volt . That is what I have . That can be a difference in operating . Anyway this will get resolved . Pat
Pat, yes, I do have the larger refrigerator. It will drop 8 degrees when I tow on 12v vs what it does when stationary on 110v or propane. Admittedly, I have no experience with the 4.3 and how it performs. Every other RV refrigerator I have had did better running on propane.