Replace Dometic Thermostat with ???? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2023, 11:10 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17B
Replace Dometic Thermostat with ????

I need to replace my Dometic capacitive touch thermostat. It is a single zone, three wire unit that controls my AC and Heat. Does anyone have a suggestion for what they have used that works? I have a trip planned, leaving in 5 weeks and I have to have these working. Thanks
Christian, Tommie and Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 11:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Doesn't sound easy or inexpensive; people with SOB's also dislike it. Here is a recent thread with specifics:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/repl...at-592167.html
Old 04-03-2023, 11:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I replaced mine with a Micro Air Easy Touch RV351 (they have a couple of different models, so be sure to use the web page to pick the correct one for the Escape).

Bluetooth &, if you have an onboard WiFi, accessible from anywhere there is WiFi, including your phone from across the campground. I did have some problems before I did the firmware updates, but since then it has been great. Easy to change, particularly on the phone via Bluetooth, and it shows both set & actual temperature as well as outside temperature if you have a WiFi or cell connection.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
The replacement unit plus touch screen is about $50. The touch screen tends to get hardened surfaces on the inside when it touches the contacts. Several other trailer forums express problems with the foam getting hard, then the touch screen does not work. We found just lightly touching the contacts works fine. Furnace and A.C. both work, the temp is adjusted up and down with just a light finger touch on the metal. Our screen quit responding correctly during a 5 week trip, once we learned the finger touch trick it has never been a problem.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I had issues with mine when I bought it used (2017). I contacted Dometic and they said they'd send a new faceplate, but like you I needed it quick, so I ended up just ordering an entire replacement unit on eBay, I found one for $40. Replaced it and it has worked beautifully since then, not a single issue...and later also received the faceplate from Dometic so now I have a spare.