Replacing window screens - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17B
Replacing window screens

I’m planning to replace my sliding window screens on older 17B with no seeum screening. The screens do not pop out, do I remove screws around inside frame and then I can take out the screen panel? Has anyone successfully kept out no seeums by replacing the screen?
Thanks!
riverplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I tried the local window shops a few years back, no one had anything like it so I gave up.

I wanted to get a look at it to determine if it would get in the way of the view.

Not familiar with how the screens work on an 06.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21NE
I made the mistake of removing my screens on my brand new 21NE to clean the windows...next time I remove them I'll need to just sell the trailer to avoid frustration - it took me 45 minutes to get two screens back on! What a poor design. I had custom windows/screens made for my last trailer (a Burro) which had simple spring clips that held the screens in for easy removal/installation - and they slid better too.

Has anyone figured out an easy way to get these newer screens back on (for the awning-type windows)? I think they're just supposed to 'press-fit' to engage the spring clips, but even using a putty knife to compress the clips, they just wouldn't engage...they even bent the window frame 9which I had to straighten out before i could FINALLY get the @$%&#!! clips to work.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote