RM2510 fridge finicky on propane - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2017, 07:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
RM2510 fridge finicky on propane

After being off for a few months the fridge would not light on propane. Works fine on electric. Didn't see a flame, but left it in the on "GAS" position and it fired up overnight. I've read that sometimes after being off for awhile they seem to need some time to get back to normal. I was also thinking it could be the burner needs cleaning. I saw something online about blowing it out with compressed air. Any thoughts or suggestions? I know a bunch of folks out there with older Escapes have this fridge. Thanks.
rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe Ron did some repairs at Quartzite to Myron's unit. Try that thread.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I believe Ron did some repairs at Quartzite to Myron's unit. Try that thread.

Found the thread: www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9/learned-stuff-quartzsite-9558.html#post182622

Myron has a newer RM8551 but the guts are probably pretty similar. It appears it was the burner they were working on. I found some maintenance information for the burner and jet in the manual that I'm going to try. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
RM 2510 burner.JPG   burner maintenance.JPG  
rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
The thing is, the burner is pretty easily visible and can be brushed off etc. pretty easily.

But the burner jet can't be seen or accessed unless you remove the assembly. It's not difficult, a couple of screws and a pair of wrenches will do the job. One of the screws is semi-hidden and a little difficult to see. It's accessed from the top and there's not a lot of height so either a stubby screwdriver or a loose bit held with pliers does the job.

Only when you have the burner assembly off and can you look inside do you see just how small and tiny the orifice is. In Myron's case there was a smudge of black material. It was tiny but larger than the orifice. Any contaminants in the system are going to stop at the orifice and block it.

So making sure the orifice is clear and then blowing out the parts is my first step making sure the fuel can get to the burner.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote