RV servicing dealer recommendation for Sacramento area - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 19
RV servicing dealer recommendation for Sacramento area

Hi folks

We are looking for any recommendation you might have for a servicing RV dealer in the Sacramento (CA) area? We feel our beloved 19 deserves and general service (wheel hubs etc.) and would like to entrust it to a dealer that other Escape owners have had satisfaction from.

Please let us know your experience in the Sac CA area, good or bad!

Thanks.

Oh, almost forgot to ask about battery recommendations? Our 2 deep cycle 6v's failed last year so need to replace. Many folk seem very keen on Trojan rather than our original Interstate.. also had AGM type recommended(?). Would really appreciate your opinions and experience.

Cheers
Old 01-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Nick and Sara,
I'm not yet an Escape owner (four more months!) but I have taken my Chalet Aframe several times to McCulloch's in Sac--it's near Arden Fair Mall. I have found them to be knowledgeable and helpful, including a "second opinion" advising me I didn't need what another place had prescribed. The "other place" is obviously no longer getting my business, even though it is 2 miles away and McCullochs is @40.

http://www.mccollochsrv.com

They stay pretty busy so I'd advise making an appointment in advance of when you want it serviced, especially as Spring and camping weather approaches.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #3

Thanks h2owmn, really appreciate the swift response, and the recommendation. Will check them out.

Cheers
Old 01-15-2018, 02:08 PM   #4

Looking for servicing RV dealer in the Sacramento (CA) area

SORRY FOLKS... realized i had previously posted this in less relevant forum.
__________________________________________________ ___
Hi folks

We are looking for any recommendation you might have for a servicing RV dealer in the Sacramento (CA) area? We feel our beloved 19 deserves and general service (wheel hubs etc.) and would like to entrust it to a dealer that other Escape owners have had satisfaction from.

Please let us know your experience in the Sac CA area, good or bad!

Thanks.

Oh, almost forgot to ask about battery recommendations? Our 2 deep cycle 6v's failed last year so need to replace. Many folk seem very keen on Trojan rather than our original Interstate.. also had AGM type recommended(?). Would really appreciate your opinions and experience.

Cheers
Old 01-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Harp's RV Service
183 Flocchini Circle
Lincoln,CA 95648
916-434-9151

They have been in business forever and I trust my 2017 5.0 TA with them anytime and they are good people to deal with.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #6

I see someone posted a shop in Lincoln. If you use either, would you post about your experience? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp171 View Post

Cheers
I just went down that bunny trail. AGM batteries are nice, mostly because they don't require ventilation, but the battery box in the Escape is already ventilated so... I was seeing prices for quality AGM's in the $400-500 *EACH* range. I went back to looking at wet cells, the premium ones tend to be $150-200 each, but geez, Costco has Interstate brand GC2's for $85 each... now, those are only 210AH instead of the original premium 230AH, buit somehow I don't think 20AH is going to make that big of a difference, especially with our all LED lighting. Even if they only last 2-3 years, the price was too good to pass up.

do note, you'll need a T105 strap to pick those batteries up, they don't come with any sort of strap, just two plastic lugs that the strap hooks onto. I got my own strap, $7 at Amazon, so I could pull the old batteries and bring them down to Costco when I bought the new ones, seemed easier than hauling the trailer down there, and borrowing their strap. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JA0FXKS
or
https://www.amazon.com/EZGO-609628-B.../dp/B00699WCUM

do note, these batteries are 65 or 70 lbs *EACH* ...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #8

Trailer: 17
another idea to look at
RV Service Reviews
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #9

Trailer: escape 19
Hello, Since I live if Folsom, I took my previous scamp for a water pump replacement to Idle Wheels RV in Placerville and had them to some welding on the ball mount as well. Both were done well from all I could see and the prices were reasonable to me.

I would recommend them as well.
mrpdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:33 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 escape 21
I live in Placerville and I've had decent experience with Idle Wheels, too. They seem like decent people and its very convenient to me. I had a power unit go out. They should have gone the extra mile since the unit itself was still under warranty (my Esc 21 was only a year old so it wasn't their problem on the warranty) so they charged me for it and the labor and it was honest and reasonable. I sent it back and got a replacement. Now I have an extra. But the work and communication was excellent... I'll go there again!

Cheers!!
covey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:39 PM   #11

Covey--Hi, neighbor!

Tags
servicing