Screen door tear - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2023, 08:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Screen door tear

We’ll still at the Rally Site till Tuesday.

Now that things are a little calmer. Thought I would try to gather some info on how to repair my screen issue. While back the little dog pawed through our screen.

The problem area is less than 3 inches.

One person suggested I trim the damaged 1/4 inch or less off and re attach.

Not sure how that screen is held inside the opening edge. I am not going to tackle this until I get home on the 12 th . But thought I would pry you folks for some ideas.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
E05F5339-5465-4C10-8EA6-837873AB767B.jpg   8E113FC9-9599-4A76-9909-56878FC39ABB.jpg   DE2020A0-5E92-4119-9537-B80505EA741B.jpg  
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Well now that things are calmed down after Rally in Valley and the Room 4 Two is covered in the driveway, while we take care of home front obligations.

Any ideas on how to repair this screen?
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
Well now that things are calmed down after Rally in Valley and the Room 4 Two is covered in the driveway, while we take care of home front obligations.

Any ideas on how to repair this screen?
I don't have any repair suggestions given the tough spot but if all else fails...
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post294368
Old 06-14-2023, 01:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
A very easy repair! I have done it twice. Now I use a child gate in front of the screen when the door is open since the dogs know it comes loose at the bottom and can go right through it! Most of the time at my property I don't even use the screen. Limited bugs come through the open door and the dogs are free to roam.

The instructions on removing the screen are pretty easy to follow and are probably in that post referenced above. There is plenty of screen so you can cut off the damaged part and sew the end to slide the metal rod through again. Let me know if you don't find enough instructions for this.
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
A very easy repair! I have done it twice. Now I use a child gate in front of the screen when the door is open since the dogs know it comes loose at the bottom

and can go right through it! Most of the time at my property I don't even use the screen. Limited bugs come through the open door and the dogs are free to roam.

The instructions on removing the screen are pretty easy to follow and are probably in that post referenced above. There is plenty of screen so you can cut off the damaged part and sew the end to slide the metal rod through again. Let me know if you don't find enough instructions for this.

We have the same issue and would really appreciate any advice on how much of the screen assembly to take apart and how you sewed it! Thank you!
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
You have to take the whole thing apart just like you're replacing the screen. The end near the opening has a flat metal rod inside a sewn sleeve. Just cut off a length to include the damaged part and sew a new channel for the rod and reassemble. There is plenty of excess screen rolled up inside there.
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote