Selling a used Escape Across the Boarder - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #1

Selling a used Escape Across the Boarder

Hi All,
My name is Tom and I am a newbie to the forum and to RVs (always tent camped). I'm an Escape trailer want-to-be.

I live in Washington State I was thinking about purchasing used. Most used Escapes are in Canada. Does anyone have any experiences selling or buying a trailer and then getting it across the boarder?

If any one has experience (buying or selling), I’d love to hear what you had to do!

Thanks,
Tom
Seattle, WA
-No Escape
-’99 Toyota 4Runner

EscapeThinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #2

Re: Selling a used Escape Across the Boarder

I sold a used motorcycle to a fellow from Seattle last year. You have to do a little homework, get some paperwork submitted in advance, and cross at the Pacific (not Peace Arch) port of entry during certain hours. Really not a big hassle, if you do your homework.

2009 17' Plan B
ronstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
PJ

Trailer: Escape 17' 2005 "Turtle"

We purchased a used Escape in BC - it was an owner sale but the trailer was parked at the Escape factory and Reece and Tammy helped us with the paper work, I recommend you might ask them if they could send you the necessary form, if you find one for sale. I also suspect anyone selling one might know the necessary paper work. The biggest hassle for us was going just to 'look' on a Friday and deciding to buy, making money transfer a pain, we had to go back to Washington, drive to a branch of our bank that was open on a Saturday, and carry A LOT of cash over the border, which has to declared and takes some time and a lot of paper work. I recommend looking into doing a money wire transfer from your bank to the sellers bank, that is how Reece said they handled sales at the factory. Other than the money transfer, making sure you have the form filled out, there shouldn't be a problem. We just came back, next day went to local licensing dept, paid WA state tax and registered the trailer.

Happy hunting! Excapes are well loved and used ones hard to find but they do come up , the money exchange was in our favor when we bought our 05 this past spring.

"He who would travel happily must travel light.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #4

PJ and Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of asking Tammy.

Thanks,
Tom
EscapeThinkin is offline   Reply With Quote