Shower Curtain for a new 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2017, 11:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Shower Curtain for a new 19

We recently purchased a new 19 and are loving our initial experiences with the camper. One item we would like to change is the shower curtain. The supplied curtain is very stiff and not easily managed. Has anyone switched out their curtain to one similar to one you would use at home or find in a hotel? We would like something that repels water well but also hangs freely and is not so stiff. Not sure if we would need to make our own or if there is something out there that would work as is or with minor modifications. Thanks and Happy Camping.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Oh yeah, that was one of the first things I wanted to switch out, but it took me some time. Had to find just *the* right cat themed curtain. Found one at a Fred Meyer store and the other on Amazon (not yet installed).

I cut the curtain in half and cut off a hunk where it lays across the stand for the toilet. This is on the 21 - can't remember how the bathroom works in the 19.

New curtain works wonderfully. It's so much softer than what ETI supplies. And it looks wwwwaaayyy better to this owner!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've not used the one from Amazon (yet) but it looks like it'll work just fine. Take a close look at the images and see what the kitties are doing (on the one from Amazon). Cracks me up.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05332.jpg   DSC05333.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #3

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Laura,

So the fabric shower curtains work well? (I really prefer them to plastic ones.)

Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
We recently purchased a new 19 and are loving our initial experiences with the camper. One item we would like to change is the shower curtain. The supplied curtain is very stiff and not easily managed. Has anyone switched out their curtain to one similar to one you would use at home or find in a hotel? We would like something that repels water well but also hangs freely and is not so stiff. Not sure if we would need to make our own or if there is something out there that would work as is or with minor modifications. Thanks and Happy Camping.
We picked up a lightweight white fabric one (nylon or polyester I guess) at the local discount store for under $5. The Mrs. cut it down to about the same width as the plastic stock one (same number of holes for the hooks) and just folded and sewed the cut edge. Custom fit, works very well, and dries much quicker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
Laura,

So the fabric shower curtains work well? (I really prefer them to plastic ones.)

Rich
The one I'm using is plastic, but it's super soft and flexible (not like some I've seen). It's quite easy to use - I just don't yank on it really hard when moving it around as I don't want to rip it at the top). I've not used the fabric type one from Amazon but I suspect it'll work just as well. I'm still enjoying the one in the photo, so I haven't switched it out (yet).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 19'
That's what we did too. A little bit of sewing, and dries well.
Dave Rosebaugh is offline   Reply With Quote