Signal Booster - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2021, 07:39 AM   #1

Trailer: Planning to buy 19' Escape
Signal Booster

I recently purchased equipment for cell booster. I have the Wilson RV65 with the directional outside antenna. Hoping to put outside antenna on telescoping pole sitting in rear hitch mount holder.
I have the outside tv jack (which I don't use) and I can see the cable used by Escape is RG6. This is cable Wilson tells you to use in cell booster install. So if I put cell booster in driver's side cabinet at foot end of bed in my 19 I can connect to the tv antenna jack there. But where is it best to get the 12 volt power to the booster? There is a plug there but it is on the 120 system.

I was thinking to put the booster under the bed, disconnect the RG6 to the outside tv jack, put in a new RG6 cable that runs only the short distance from outside jack to the booster. Then get 12 volt power by wiring into the 12 volt wires under bed. Or maybe pop up through bed board to the cigarette lighter fitting we had installed for the passenger side of the bed. Comments?

Finally I was thinking about getting a hitch mount pole holder and putting up telescoping pole for antenna. Where is best place to get that. I looked at a site called "Poles and Holders" and they have a 22' telescoping fiberglass pole. It is about 1.8 inches thick at bottom and 1" thick at top. I have a Wilson directional antenna ( like a big bat wing) and am wondering if pole might be too flexible. What are people using?

Thanks. Can.t wait to hit the road in 2021.

I have a couple questions. I have the outside tv jack (which I don't use) and I can see the cable used byonal outside antenna.
Hello all. Escape is RG6. So if I put cell booster in driver's side cabinet at foot end of bed in my 19 I can connect to the tv antenna jack there. But where is it best to get the 12 volt power to the booster? There is a plug there but it is on the 120 system.

I was thinking to put the booster under the bed, disconnect the RG6 to the outside tv jack, put in a new RG6 cable that runs only the short distance to the booster. Then get 12 volt power by wiring into the 12 volt wires under bed. Or maybe pop up through bed board to the cigarette lighter fitting we had installed for the passenger side of the bed. Comments?

I was thinking about getting a hitch mount pole holder and putting up telescoping pole for outside antenna. Where is best place to get that. I looked at a site called "Poles and Holders" and they have a 22' telescoping fiberglass pole. It is about 1.8 inches thick at bottom and 1" thick at top. I have a Wilson directional antenna ( like a big bat wing) and am wondering if pole might be to flexible. What are people using?

Thanks. Can.t wait to hit the road in 2021.
Di28429 is offline   Reply With Quote