Sirocco fan II positioning - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2023, 01:06 PM   #1

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Sirocco fan II positioning

Hi

A few weeks ago we decided to buy a Sirocco fan for the bed area.

Our 19 is back from storage and it is time to install the fan. We tought initially it would be an easy one but not so...

If you have one of those fan in you 19, where did you put it for convenience, and air circulation, and easy access to power? Also we are open for criticism...

Actually, the first place we think of is under the top storage in the middle of the emergency escape window. Why?, we can plug it directly with light in this area, the emergency exit provide and excellent air source when open in hot temperature and we can directly direct the fan on us when we sleep.

The second place would be over the thermostat near the ceiling. The minus are, no easy way to pass the electricity and it can be in the way when opening the access door to the storage in this area.

your turn
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Page 9 of my Padawan’s Life thread shows the 3 fans I installed. Not the same place, and not a Scirocco, but maybe you’ll get some ideas.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...e-21759-9.html
Old 06-08-2023, 06:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Page 9 of my Padawan’s Life thread shows the 3 fans I installed. Not the same place, and not a Scirocco, but maybe you’ll get some ideas.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...e-21759-9.html
Thanks
Old 06-13-2023, 06:15 AM   #4

Ok, Update from my request.

Finally installed the fan over the emergency window (see picture). Installation was simple but fishing the wire and making connection to the adjacent light was more complicated since Escape does not provide a lot on louse on their wiring.... A wire stretcher would have come handy .

If someone ask why the fan is off center, because of the wooden support. I wanted absolutely to have some screw in the wood support since the every thing in the Bach bounces more on the road and also be able to oriented the fan to blow in the alley and being able to have the outside air access.

I've also change my battery from a size 27 to 31 and found out again that wiring cable is pretty short. Had to add 6 inches to the ground #6 ga.