Size of bathroom floor - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #1

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Size of bathroom floor

I want to get a teak bathmat for my new 5.0 TA. They are on sale right now at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I have a gift card. Does anyone know the dimensions of the floor in the 5.0 TA? I don't want to buy a mat that doesn't fit.
Thanks!
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We have this teak item from BB&B & like it. This one is 24 X 16; should work fine. $50.
Attached Thumbnails
teak.jpg  
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We have this teak item from BB&B & like it. This one is 24 X 16; should work fine. $50.
Just have to be careful. The 5.0TA floor has a bump out for the wheel well. Nothing square or even rectangular will fit wall to wall.

Since the 19' has the same bathroom as the 5.0TA, maybe someone who's put in a teak (or even carpet) bathmat can answer?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetz View Post
I want to get a teak bathmat for my new 5.0 TA. They are on sale right now at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I have a gift card. Does anyone know the dimensions of the floor in the 5.0 TA? I don't want to buy a mat that doesn't fit.
Thanks!

Here is what Jim used on his 19, which has the same bathroom as the 5.0TA; http://www.amazon.com/Oceanstar-FM11...boo+shower+mat
You have to use two, cut one for the wheel well that Donna was talking about. This is on my to do list when we get our trailer out of storage.

We were down in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and Lori found a package of small wooden shower grid tiles that fit together for different shapes at the Coquitlam IKEA. I haven’t even opened the box to look to see if they will work. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
22x24 - a 6x10 cutout.
Attached Thumbnails
bath (546 x 328).jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Thanks, everyone!
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
Here is what Jim used on his 19, which has the same bathroom as the 5.0TA; Robot Check
You have to use two, cut one for the wheel well that Donna was talking about. This is on my to do list when we get our trailer out of storage.

We were down in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and Lori found a package of small wooden shower grid tiles that fit together for different shapes at the Coquitlam IKEA. I haven’t even opened the box to look to see if they will work. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
Okay, had a chance to look at the IKEA wood tiles. They are the RUNNEN tiles, RUNNEN Floor decking, outdoor - IKEA

They look like they will work real nice on the bathroom floor. Going to give them a try. Thanks for the photo Bob, our trailer is still stuck in winter storage. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:26 AM   #8

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK snowbiker View Post
Okay, had a chance to look at the IKEA wood tiles. They are the RUNNEN tiles, RUNNEN Floor decking, outdoor - IKEA

They look like they will work real nice on the bathroom floor. Going to give them a try. Thanks for the photo Bob, our trailer is still stuck in winter storage. Scott

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
How did those work out?
AuthorSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 04:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Just have to be careful. The 5.0TA floor has a bump out for the wheel well. Nothing square or even rectangular will fit wall to wall.

Since the 19' has the same bathroom as the 5.0TA, maybe someone who's put in a teak (or even carpet) bathmat can answer?
This doesn't fall apart when cut?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
If you want teak, it's really easy to do in the 19 or the 5.0. I posted about it several years ago:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

As for the mat I started with, they're still sold, but under a different brand name. It's basically this one I started with and then just modified to fit:

https://a.co/d/3CA5yoc
Attachment 65881

Still looks perfect after 6 years or so.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:51 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Funny that I came across this thread because I am working on a wood mat for my bathroom in the 5TA right now. As for the dimensions of the floor in the bath, I will be leaving about a quarter inch all the way around because the profile from wall to floor is curved and I want the wood mat to sit nice and flat on the current floor.

So that said, dimensions are 23 1/2" wide (front to back) by 22 3/4" deep (side to side) with a cutout (for the wheel well) that is 6 3/4" wide by 9 3/4" deep (from outside wall towards door).

I will be custom building mine from red cedar slats which I have cut on my table saw to be 1 7/8" wide by 5/16" thick; my support slats are 5/8" wide by 3/8" thick. I am doing this to minimize as much as possible the height of this mat; I'm very tall and I do not want to lose the headroom in my bath.

I will post photos once completed.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:44 AM   #12

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK snowbiker View Post

Scott and Lori
I like bikes!
Scott & Lori, what is the underside of these Ikea tiles? It says polypropylene but is it something that will not slide around?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:28 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Which ever wooden mat used, make sure it has those plastic feet attached to protect the bath floor.....