Slow Leak Gray Tank. Pic. Pls Help - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2024, 08:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 NE
Slow Leak Gray Tank. Pic. Pls Help

I just noticed that my 21NE has a slow drip leak. I'm not very handy and am going on a 15 day trip in a few weeks and wanted to address this. I'm more than happy to bring in for service but figured I'd post here first.

Any ideas? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
signal-2024-05-25-182226_002.jpg  
L in NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:32 PM   #2

This is a 2020 model btw.

I have no intention of fixing this myself. There are some reputable RV repair shops in town and I'd like to know if there's anything in particular I need to tell them prior to bringing this in. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by L in NV View Post
I just noticed that my 21NE has a slow drip leak. I'm not very handy and am going on a 15 day trip in a few weeks and wanted to address this. I'm more than happy to bring in for service but figured I'd post here first.

Any ideas? Thanks
The 2019 and 2020 trailers seemed to have a higher failure rate on Grey tank connections. These usually show up as a separation right at the glued connection to the tank. The threaded portion of the piping shears off right at the tank so it requires a special extraction tool to get it out. Yours is not showing the tell-tale glue separation so it may be in the early stages of failure. The common fix is to install a rubber flex joint in the piping going into the tank to allow for movement and vibration.

Here's a thread for you to view. There are others too.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:11 PM   #4

Ok thanks.

I'll mention this to the shop. Is there anything else I should mention to them while they're working on this?

We're going on a long trip in a few weeks and I'd rather address everything I can now.

Thanks again
Old 05-26-2024, 02:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by L in NV View Post
Ok thanks.

I'll mention this to the shop. Is there anything else I should mention to them while they're working on this?

We're going on a long trip in a few weeks and I'd rather address everything I can now.

Thanks again
Have them look at all of the grey tank connections where the piping enters the tank to ensure nothing looks out of place. Any cracks or separation in the light colored glue joint right at the tank I would consider as a possible failure in the works.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
Have them look at all of the grey tank connections where the piping enters the tank to ensure nothing looks out of place. Any cracks or separation in the light colored glue joint right at the tank I would consider as a possible failure in the works.
Thank you!