Slow Leak Gray Tank. Pic. Pls Help - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2024, 08:36 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: Escape 21 NE
Posts: 60
Slow Leak Gray Tank. Pic. Pls Help

I just noticed that my 21NE has a slow drip leak. I'm not very handy and am going on a 15 day trip in a few weeks and wanted to address this. I'm more than happy to bring in for service but figured I'd post here first.

Any ideas? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
signal-2024-05-25-182226_002.jpg  
L in NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: Escape 21 NE
Posts: 60
This is a 2020 model btw.

I have no intention of fixing this myself. There are some reputable RV repair shops in town and I'd like to know if there's anything in particular I need to tell them prior to bringing this in. Thanks.
L in NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Dallas, Texas
Trailer: 2019 E19
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by L in NV View Post
I just noticed that my 21NE has a slow drip leak. I'm not very handy and am going on a 15 day trip in a few weeks and wanted to address this. I'm more than happy to bring in for service but figured I'd post here first.

Any ideas? Thanks
The 2019 and 2020 trailers seemed to have a higher failure rate on Grey tank connections. These usually show up as a separation right at the glued connection to the tank. The threaded portion of the piping shears off right at the tank so it requires a special extraction tool to get it out. Yours is not showing the tell-tale glue separation so it may be in the early stages of failure. The common fix is to install a rubber flex joint in the piping going into the tank to allow for movement and vibration.

Here's a thread for you to view. There are others too.
__________________
2019 Escape 19
2014 F150, Supercab, 5.0L
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:11 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: Escape 21 NE
Posts: 60
Ok thanks.

I'll mention this to the shop. Is there anything else I should mention to them while they're working on this?

We're going on a long trip in a few weeks and I'd rather address everything I can now.

Thanks again
L in NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Dallas, Texas
Trailer: 2019 E19
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by L in NV View Post
Ok thanks.

I'll mention this to the shop. Is there anything else I should mention to them while they're working on this?

We're going on a long trip in a few weeks and I'd rather address everything I can now.

Thanks again
Have them look at all of the grey tank connections where the piping enters the tank to ensure nothing looks out of place. Any cracks or separation in the light colored glue joint right at the tank I would consider as a possible failure in the works.
__________________
2019 Escape 19
2014 F150, Supercab, 5.0L
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:42 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: Escape 21 NE
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
Have them look at all of the grey tank connections where the piping enters the tank to ensure nothing looks out of place. Any cracks or separation in the light colored glue joint right at the tank I would consider as a possible failure in the works.
Thank you!
L in NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.