snaking a cable in a 2014 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
snaking a cable in a 2014 19'

Hi everybody;
I have a stereo player in the driver's side over-the-bed cabinet. I would like to snake a cable forward to speakers on the front shelf over the front window. My concern is is there enough clearance over the bath insert to get a cable over and through, or is some blocking or insulation in the way?

Thanks a million (USD)

Chuck

citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
If not, you could do a Bluetooth speaker setup. Might search the "It's Friday" thread for 19 build pictures that show an inserted bath shell before all the pretty wood is added as the 21 insert has about an 1 1/2 x 1 gap at the bottom of the doorway.

Or just call Escape and ask....

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I was able fish a bunch of wires from front to back in my new 19 behind the bathroom/fridge. I used a long stainless steal CB whip as my fish wire was at the cabin. Good luck!

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
No worries, it's pretty easy to do. I've run lots of wires front to back.

There is a clear path just above the wheel wells and below the bathroom window. Use anything flexible to pull a cord through. I've left one in place and it's been handy for other wires that I needed to pull through.

Darned if I can find specific photos that show the cord being fished through but these two show the path. Basically you can push a flexible rod through from the front dinette locker, just above the black tank. In the photos you can see the blue pex pipe. That's the route your wires will follow.

Be patient. The first time I tried pulling wires through the connection between them and my flexible rod was too fat and they caught on something. Since then I haven't had any problems pulling wires, coaxial and Cat 5 through the space.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0016_resize.JPG   23-11-2014 3-49-26 PM3_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
No worries, it's pretty easy to do. I've run lots of wires front to back.

There is a clear path just above the wheel wells and below the bathroom window. Use anything flexible to pull a cord through. I've left one in place and it's been handy for other wires that I needed to pull through.

Darned if I can find specific photos that show the cord being fished through but these two show the path. Basically you can push a flexible rod through from the front dinette locker, just above the black tank. In the photos you can see the blue pex pipe. That's the route your wires will follow.

Be patient. The first time I tried pulling wires through the connection between them and my flexible rod was too fat and they caught on something. Since then I haven't had any problems pulling wires, coaxial and Cat 5 through the space.

Ron
Thanks, Ron!
It never occurred to "go low," but that's what I'll do.

Chuck
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I’ve fished some wires similar to Ron. There is a nice pathway if you stay low. Up high might be possible but much harder. There is space between the bath insert and shell that I saw when retrofitting the bath vent for a fan and when I added a bath window. The issue is the closet and bath walls become pinch points at the shell. Here are some more photos that should help. I bought a 25’ flat fish that works well and just followed the low pathway with all of the ETI wiring.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-25...-Tape/50114239
Attached Thumbnails
7EA020C9-EF65-4D7C-BE55-DDF8F3B8AC24.jpeg   E832C130-BECD-40B6-A6A2-84298F1E5B7C.jpeg  
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote