solar charging while plugged in problems - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2021, 11:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
solar charging while plugged in problems

yesterday while monitoring my viltron battery monitor I noticed that after the sun went down I was using battery power while plugged in. the fridge was running on AC so I know power was in from the house. during the day the solar and battery charger were powering at the same time and the solar pushed the battery up to 14.6volts. could that cause the built in battery charger to trip off. a simple unplug from the house and replug in turned the WFCO charger back on ant now running normally. will the higher solar charge voltage cause the battery charger to shut down and if so will it simply restart on its own when battery hits a certain voltage.
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote