Spray Foam Removal - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I'm sort of in the middle view on that issue. The double pane windows don't work miracles but they sure do cut down on sounds. Just cracking one open you hear all sorts of noise that you may not have been aware of.

Hmm, white noise machine. Do they one have that specifically targets yells and screams from campground yahoos?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #22

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
certainly do, it's the volume knob. Comes in handy in WM parking lots.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #23
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Wish the furnace and the air conditioner were quieter though, as it does take some getting used to the noise from those machines.
Yes, we find the air conditioner extremely noisy, so much so that ear plugs would be something good to pack. So far, we have only had to use it at night one or two times and those times and the many times we used it during the day we are certainly glad we have it!
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Growing up without air conditioning I was always used to a fan blowing hot air over my body. Did not get a/c in my vehicles until 1988 and the first window air conditioners were so loud that you could not hear anyone breaking into your house nor anything else outside of the room you were sleeping in. Comfort takes precedence over quiet, I find the a/c in the Escape to be just right....
Old 08-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
the first window air conditioners were so loud that you could not hear anyone breaking into your house nor anything else outside of the room you were sleeping in.
This is still the case.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
Yes, we find the air conditioner extremely noisy, so much so that ear plugs would be something good to pack.
You said it. We keep a jar of Mack's handy and if there's a chance we will need the AC at night, we don't leave home without them.
Attached Thumbnails
Macks.jpg  
Old 08-14-2018, 01:53 AM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
haven't seen that earplug brand around here... my favorites when I rose motorcycles were the Hearo's brand Ultimate Softness Series flesh colored ones. roll the foam plug with clean fingers to both warm it and make it skinny, then insert it almost fully in your ear and let it expand. these are comfortable for me all day long, I used to do 700+ mile days on my BMW R1100RS sport-touring bike.
Attached Thumbnails
421219000000000-00-500x500[1].jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 AM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Reace told us that on his Escape 21 plumbing fixing tour of the US last year, the heat off the pavement near Phoenix was so intense that the freshwater tank on his trailer could not be used for washing or showering. Far too hot. Insulation would help somewhat.

We value the insulation for our cold weather camping and feel it makes a difference.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:20 AM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I dunno about the undercarriage foam, but I sure appreciate the extra insulation and double pane windows on our 2014 Escape 21 as keeping the interior cooler in hot weather and warmer in cold, and more importantly quieter.

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
Reace told us that on his Escape 21 plumbing fixing tour of the US last year, the heat off the pavement near Phoenix was so intense that the freshwater tank on his trailer could not be used for washing or showering. Far too hot. Insulation would help somewhat.

We value the insulation for our cold weather camping and feel it makes a difference.

Bob K
Im sure that cud happen if one tried to camp in AZ in the summer months, but only crazy people would camp here then. Our “winter” months in AZ are June-mid Sept and then we come out and go the rest of the year. Everyone heads N if they want to camp in those months.
Just about all of our campgrounds here are built with dirt or gravel rv pads for that very reason. You dont want to be camped on an asphalt or concrete pad in Phoenix, even in the shoulder seasons.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #31

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i noticed last trip how quiet it was in the camper with the widows closed. i have the insulation package including under carriage.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Somewhat related. I would do the foam again but am quite sorry I opted for the frameless windows. They look cool but they open so little that they prevent much cross ventilation.
I gather they are no longer offered and that's a good decision.

Walt
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and in the same vein, I found that keeping your sliding windows open allows a lot more dirt and dust to enter your trailer, as evidenced by the dirt found inside the window area and track. However with the awning window, the dirt would have to travel up to enter the trailer and good ol gravity helps to keep it outside, meaning less dirt enters your trailer via the open frameless awning window. I have seem both in action and prefer the cleaner outside look and cleaner inside the trailer result of the frameless windows. As far as ventilation, with the rear opening windows and the ability to open during rain periods I'm not sure ventilation is any greater with the sliders, rain or shine.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
and in the same vein, I found that keeping your sliding windows open allows a lot more dirt and dust to enter your trailer, as evidenced by the dirt found inside the window area and track. However with the awning window, the dirt would have to travel up to enter the trailer and good ol gravity helps to keep it outside, meaning less dirt enters your trailer via the open frameless awning window. I have seem both in action and prefer the cleaner outside look and cleaner inside the trailer result of the frameless windows. As far as ventilation, with the rear opening windows and the ability to open during rain periods I'm not sure ventilation is any greater with the sliders, rain or shine.
Jim most of your dirt is going to come in the door which we all have plus all the vents which I have to clean all the time especially where we last had to camp due to plan changes because of fire . Have to disagree about the air ventilation with sliders vs. frameless . More cross breezes with sliders . I understand you like your frameless which is fine. Now I call them European windows ,on many RV's Acrylic, today open up real far to even be like a awning , I like a lot and would be happy to have . Different opinions is what makes the world go around .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #35

Trailer: 2010 escape 19
Paul

After a accident with my 2011 Escape 19 I have ordered a new one with the foamed floor for spring and fall camping. If I still get cold feet I will install one of heating mats that one can buy for under a tile or roll type flooring. the onlychallenge would be bolting down the dinette table again without breaking any of the heating wires

Last time I looked that floor heating product was available from Home Depot or Lowes
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #36

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

Recently, there was an Escape for sale that had minimal insulation and single pane windows. We and others were interested until we found out they saved money on their build. It took a while to sell and he lost more on his resale than the windows/insulation would have cost.

Perry
Interesting that you know this about the Seller. Did you ask the Seller to find this out?
Otherwise you are just assuming why they went chose not to go with that particular option, and the same as to their loss on resale.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #37

Trailer: 2010 escape 19
For major purchases like my car, camper, appliances I try to keep the original detailed invoices for insurance and resale purposes.

When my 2011 Escape 19 was damaged the first things I faxed to the adjuster were the original purchase agreement and the personal property security registration and license and tax payment. This immediately avoided any questions about original cost. If I were selling it then a purchaser (or insurance company) would not need to take just my word for the options.

I know of a situation in the USA where a camper was stolen and the insurance asked for photographic proof of layout, options and contents. The original records would have reduced this hassle.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:30 PM   #38

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Interesting that you know this about the Seller. Did you ask the Seller to find this out?
Otherwise you are just assuming why they went chose not to go with that particular option, and the same as to their loss on resale.
No, I easily found out what those options would have cost and know that the last price he quoted me was well below the cost of those options and/or the difference in his price vs the price other Escapes with those options would have sold for.

Enjoy,

Perry