Spring Flooding - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Spring Flooding

We just wanted to send out our prayers, positive energy and hopes for a quick recovery to all of our fellow Escape campers and Americans who have been impacted by the terrible flooding this. year. We see the reports on the news and cannot imagine going through what so many of you are experiencing.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Ralph,
It’s pretty devastating in SW Iowa and SE Nebraska where we lived for 8 years in the 70’s. The repeated occurrence of flooding in the Midwest from snow pac melt and heavy rains is not new but with development into marginal areas or continued occupation of towns not protected by levies of adequate height or weakened by deferred maintenace, disaster looms. I get a frequent mail feed from the Iowa DNR. Early this week they noted that about 30 conservation officers had been assigned to the area due to their familiarity with boating in hazardous conditions. They stated that these officers had rescued from flooded areas, 31 people, 17 dogs, 9 cats and 1 Iguana. Not a typo. Hope to see you soon Ralph, keep your powder dry.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
Not trying to hijack the thread but since this is flooding related I thought I may ask about any flooding impact/closures to the interstate highways in the midwest states like Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and the Dakotas. I am heading out from NJ on Sunday to pick up my 21' and my orientation date is 4/16. I am planning on taking interstate 90 through Illinois and then ether continue on 90 all the way to WA or head up to 94 and go west. Can anyone tell me what you have heard or seen flooding impact on these two routes if anything? I know I can take a more southern route west but it may cost me more time than I can afford but if the flooding is seriously interrupting interstate highways up there I may have no choice. I am open to suggestions and thanks in advance for your information and advice.
viator36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:53 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Most Interstates are built to something like 100 year flood depths and under those numbers are less likely to flood. That said you can check each state's dept of transportation, like Penndot, MDT, SDDOT and so on for any local issues.