Stabilizer range - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2022, 03:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 escape 17B
Stabilizer range

Greetings, if I have to drive up a leveling ramp, let's say to four inches, how far do the stabilizers reach without any blocks? I did order the sand pads but still don't have the trailer. Looking at Anderson levelers what is the general consensus. Thanks Stan
mr.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 04:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
IMO it's prudent to be prepared with an assortment of blocks for the stabilizers ... with / without lift kit is a factor but more importantly site terrain.

As an absolute minimum I'd carry at least the height equal to the max lift of the Andersen levelers under the wheels needed for both stabilizers on that low-terrain side. In practice I carry much more. Blocks for the tongue jack, too.

Note that the sand pads add no meaningful height, just a larger foot (and that's useful, too). Some folks screw a piece of 2x6 to the sand pads so they always have an additional 1-1/2" boost in place.

YMMV, Happy Trailering!
Old 04-25-2022, 12:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post

In practice I carry much more. Blocks for the tongue jack, too.

YMMV, Happy Trailering!
You can never have too many blocks. Unless you always go to high end campgrounds with level concrete pads every site is different and it's good to have an assortment of blocks to cover different situations.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2022 escape 17B
Do you use wood or the plastic type. I am at standard height 17b, are there stabilizers at the front, back and tongue jack?
mr.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I have the yellow plastic ones but they're not as strong as the good old wood blocks of which I have a real assortment.

The tongue jack goes up and down and has a pretty good range. But in an uneven situation with the trailer and tug not in the same plane, like very uneven camp site, it's sometimes necessary to use a block.

Most of my blocks are made from 2 x 8s. Even though I have sand pads the extra footprint works much better for soft ground situations.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote