Storage and Vacuum ideas - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2020, 07:56 AM   #41

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
We also use the Black & Decker 20V portable vac. It folds up and stores quite nicely, has great suction and holds a charge for days.

BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Handheld Vacuum, Cordless, Grey (BDH2000PL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IOEFBKS..._jvZ-EbE8S4VSC

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
We have a central vac system in our house. Rated: C-
I have two Shop Vacs in my shop. A big one and a super small one. Rated:B
We have a Dyson V10 for the 5.0TA. Rated:A+

We use the Dyson in the house now because it is far superior and way more convenient than the others. With one flick the debris is gone and we did not have to touch it. Love it and so does my clean freak wife!
Hi: UncleTim... Once upon a time the fridge at home needed the coils cleaned. Since they were under it near the floor I tried to get the vacuum wands and dusting brush under there. NO GO, so I went out and got my electric leaf blower. Man... those dust bunnies went everywhere!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #43

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Bunnie Buster

Hi Alf
What a great idea, who says Canadians don’t have great moments. Reminds me of a buddy getting ready for the season. Loaded the dishwasher with coyote traps and let her go. He’s on his fourth wife now.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-30-2020, 12:51 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
I use an 18 volt ridgid vacuum from homedepot. It can be used as a vacuum for inside or blower for outside depending on where you hookup the hose. Very handy.
JEFF KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:17 PM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: UncleTim... Once upon a time the fridge at home needed the coils cleaned. Since they were under it near the floor I tried to get the vacuum wands and dusting brush under there. NO GO, so I went out and got my electric leaf blower. Man... those dust bunnies went everywhere!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I had that same issue. After I replaced the fridge, in the garage, because it wore out several years too early because of the dust bunnies. Ever wonder where they come from?

They spall up from the concrete itself! They become dust as the concrete continues it's exothermic reaction. It's the same process and word (spall) as what happens when you pour concrete below 40° F outside (a landscape no no). It chips off in microscopic bits after a while (I suspect ionization, probably freeze/thaw). In your garage it becomes dust. And it kills refrigerators.

What is the answer?

Use 100% resin, non VOC Epoxy (Epoxy Masters, Troy, MI). It's a little work, but you will be very happy. You can eat off of it. And never have a dust problem again. I swear by it. Save your refrigerator! Make your worst room in your house into an asset everyone will use. Put up a dart board too!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
A School mate of mine was always cracking wise. The social studies teacher teacher was describing the cleanliness of dairy barns in Holland. He said they were so clean you could eat off of them. Mickey blurted out “Soup?” That got him the Board of Education across his rear end. After serving in Vietnam, Mickey went on to become a millionaire, packing peanuts for major league stadiums, the NFL, and about 125 NCAA colleges. You never know how life will twist and turn.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
We have a central vac system in our house. Rated: C-
I have two Shop Vacs in my shop. A big one and a super small one. Rated:B
We have a Dyson V10 for the 5.0TA. Rated:A+

We use the Dyson in the house now because it is far superior and way more convenient than the others. With one flick the debris is gone and we did not have to touch it. Love it and so does my clean freak wife!
At least an A+ We have two sizes of Dysons. We've had just about every kind of 12 volt and Dust Buster type over the years in boats and RVs and the Dyson is the hands down winner.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:52 AM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I carry this cheap 12VDC corded mini-vac in the trailer, its adequate, and it certainly was cheap enough. its a bit of a pain cleaning the filter, which is a fine mesh metal screen, that you need to wash out with water and let dry.

at home, I have a large shop-vac with long hoses and lots of different tools.

our favorite vacuum at home is our 35 year old Electrolux canister that we bought new in the early 80s... we've gotten others, and keep going back to it, it just does a great job on everything, has enough suction to pull heavy dirt out of a thick pile carpet. the bags are small, but very neat and clean (I *hate* cleaning HEPA filter style vacs), so you just change the bag with every major use.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote