stove replacement - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17A
stove replacement

Please forgive me as I try to learn how to navigate these forums. I am very grateful they exist! Just recently read about the problems with the Suburban stovetop and the possible dangers. We have used our new 17A many times this last season but only used the stove once and had no problems (as far as we could tell)

I am beyond incensed that Escape is doing NOTHING about this but am now at least calm enough to post looking for help

We will be replacing ...possibly with the Dickenson stove but am wondering if anyone else out there has a 17A .Wondering if the hole left behind will work with the Dickenson? What about a Dometic? I also just read that they don't work abouve 4500 elevation
annieo497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You say you have a 17A, but your profile says you have a Rockwood.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #3

oh wow! WE sold the Roo and bought the Escape 17A. I'll have to go in and fix that, thx
Old 10-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
As far as I've been told the Dickinson won't fit in a 17B, don't know if A is the same but I would guess so. Let me know if you figure out otherwise. The new one they are putting in would fit but I don't know whether it could be done without a lot of hassle.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Just for your consideration .... the person making the cutout for the various cooktops in ETI trailers may not manage to make that cut precisely along the template lines for the specified cooktop (there may be slight variation even among trailers with stoves of the same model and that could affect the 'gap exposure' if it's close to what you are using as a replacement).

IOW, YMMV in terms of 'gap exposure' when fitting a replacement .... I know for a fact that the cutout for the Dometic D21 in my 5.0 is irregular and slightly larger than the cutout template dimensions provided by Dometic for that cooktop. The cutout was apparently made by hand-guiding the saw or router without the benefit of a jig or fence.

Good Luck, Have Fun!
Old 10-18-2021, 02:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieo497 View Post
We have used our new 17A many times this last season but only used the stove once and had no problems (as far as we could tell)
Why not replace it when you determine that there is an issue with your stove? Consider it part of maintenance to check the stove, just like wheel bearings and tire inflation? Meantime, register the issue with ETI.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Hi Annie: There was some discussion about whether the Dickinson would fit in a 17B last weekend in a separate thread titled “A few more Dickinson cooktop questions.” Whether it would fit is uncertain in part because the furnace sits below the cooktop. If you scroll down the recent discussion list or use the search function, you should find it. Likely would need to make some careful measurements to see if it would fit. Might need a heat resistant backsplash if installing with the hotter 12 000 BTU burner in back given that the cooktop is turned sideways to conserve counter in the 17. Thanks—Claude
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I would suggest checking it and if you find anything loose, report it to Escape. And stop using it. My back burner was loose- luckily I only used the front one the few times I used it.

I'd like to find a single burner replacement.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:16 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCAT3 View Post
Hi Annie: There was some discussion about whether the Dickinson would fit in a 17B last weekend in a separate thread titled “A few more Dickinson cooktop questions.” Whether it would fit is uncertain in part because the furnace sits below the cooktop. If you scroll down the recent discussion list or use the search function, you should find it. Likely would need to make some careful measurements to see if it would fit. Might need a heat resistant backsplash if installing with the hotter 12 000 BTU burner in back given that the cooktop is turned sideways to conserve counter in the 17. Thanks—Claude
Here's the post I made in that thread
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post399752
Old 10-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #10

That sounds like a reasonable idea except...
so, everytime we arrive somewhere we have to yank out the stove to make sure nothing came loose ?? Hubby just took our out and would def not wanna do that all the time.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieo497 View Post
That sounds like a reasonable idea except...
So you buy a different stove that doesn't yet have known problems?

Tags
dometic, propane, stove