Suburban Stove recall notice? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2022, 01:04 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Probably wouldn't affect the charge much.

I was able to get the shop to do the install while I waited, which was a boon, saving me a second trip.
I don't know, the quote was $75 CDN which is lower than other quotes I've seen.

I'll see if that's what I pay when I get my stove on the 25th. Very busy and booked up place.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:37 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I got a paper notice last week, and I don't even have that stove.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:06 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Mini Max
Yes…but my 2021 19 already had dometic stove and not suburban stove installed at time of construction. Not sure how or why our model number showed suburban stove. Oh well. Happy that issue came to light during our trailers construction.
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:42 AM   #24

Trailer: 2020 21NE
I got my notices a couple weeks ago- via email (June 14) and letter (about two weeks ago). I don't even have a Suburban stove. I went with the Eno 3 just because of the failings/complaints of the Suburban.
ghampshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:43 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post
I haven’t. I’ve checked my spam folder too.
We received our notice in the mail yesterday but we had already contacted Suburban and arranged for a local rv repair facility to install the replacement stovetop.
Robert Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:55 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I got a paper notice last week, and I don't even have that stove.
I too got the letter last week and do not have that stove. I thought that was odd. Seems like the manufacturer would keep better records.
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:38 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Is it possible that a single employee made a mistake? Or, a typo?
Old 07-14-2022, 07:52 AM   #28

Trailer: 2021 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Is it possible that a single employee made a mistake? Or, a typo?
Anything is possible. I did however just go verify the correct paperwork was sent with the Escape. The Dometic owners manual was indeed sent
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:15 PM   #29

Trailer: 19 - 2021
Same. Got the letter earlier in the week. October 2021 delivery but we have the Dometic, not the Suburban.

Escape must not be 100% confident in their records, and to cover themselves from a liability standpoint they must be sending out notification to anyone who took delivery within a certain time frame. Given the potential consequences of failing to notify someone that could have a problem down the road, it's probably a prudent precaution.
alanerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:57 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
They will buy it back.

I had a recall letter waiting for me after our recent road trip, and have been conversing with them via email a bit. It’s not clear what all our options are, other than getting a service center to replace their unit. So, after reading around here some, I asked them “what if I wanted to replace our unit with another manufacturer’s unit?”. They said I could, and they would send a return label and a check upon receipt of the old/defective unit. So, that’s what we’re doing.
Looking forward to installing the new stove!

thiggins01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins01 View Post
I had a recall letter waiting for me after our recent road trip, and have been conversing with them via email a bit. It’s not clear what all our options are, other than getting a service center to replace their unit. So, after reading around here some, I asked them “what if I wanted to replace our unit with another manufacturer’s unit?”. They said I could, and they would send a return label and a check upon receipt of the old/defective unit. So, that’s what we’re doing.

Thats what I did also. I got a check back for $325 I would have just put in there replacement but they wanted me to go to a dealer. I rather do it myself.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Thats what I did also. I got a check back for $325 I would have just put in there replacement but they wanted me to go to a dealer. I rather do it myself.
Exactly! I’m the only one allowed to work on our stuff…too many bad experiences…

Old 07-15-2022, 10:17 AM   #33

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Got ours

We got our notice last week and called a local RV service person in area. He filled us in on what to do next
We called Cori Arena at Suburban and she sent us directions via email

Suburban will send new cooktop to service person, who will call us for appointment asap
Hope that helps

Cori. 423-570-6371

U will need a pix of data plate and pix of serial # of cooktop. ( if u can get to it). Txt the pix to Cori..she will give u a #
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:19 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:

Just trying to understand this. You told Suburban that you didn't want to replace their unit with the new model, but with a different brand? You get authorization to ship it back, and they send you a check for the new one you want?

Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:42 PM   #35

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLSB View Post
Just trying to understand this. You told Suburban that you didn't want to replace their unit with the new model, but with a different brand? You get authorization to ship it back, and they send you a check for the new one you want?

Larry
I too was curious, so I sent an email to Suburban asking if it was possible to return the cooktop to them and receive the following reply.

"OK, no problem at all.

Here is a return label for you to use.
Once we receive the cooktop back, then we will issue a check to you at the address you provided below for $328.98."

If you never slow down, you never grow old.
MTDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDave View Post
I too was curious, so I sent an email to Suburban asking if it was possible to return the cooktop to them and receive the following reply.

"OK, no problem at all.

Here is a return label for you to use.
Once we receive the cooktop back, then we will issue a check to you at the address you provided below for $328.98."
Yeah, that! I bet the new suburban cooktop retails for $328.98. So it actually saves them money to just give you the check, since it doesn’t include installation. I suppose it does depend on the mark up from wholesale, but who knows how much that is.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:36 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Yeah, that! I bet the new suburban cooktop retails for $328.98. So it actually saves them money to just give you the check, since it doesn’t include installation. I suppose it does depend on the mark up from wholesale, but who knows how much that is.
I called suburban and the person I spoke to said they cannot do that and will not do that. I asked her if the unrelated people that are stating the above info are all lying she said, yes.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
I called suburban and the person I spoke to said they cannot do that and will not do that. I asked her if the unrelated people that are stating the above info are all lying she said, yes.
Interesting. I just talked to a woman named Lynne @ Suburban and she said it is possible. She sent me an email with the info needed (pics of unit, vin,etc) and said to request that I'm going with a different brand and would like to be reimbursed.

Will see what happens!

Larry
Old 07-15-2022, 03:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Ditto on that. In the time it takes me to take the trailer in and drop it off, I could have the new one in. That's not counting the time on driving back and picking up trailer either.

Larry