Television - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Angry Television

Still having issues with my TV/Boss connection. From my earlier post I learned that to connect the Boss dvd system to my TV i need to connect to the back of the Boss DVD player. But i cant see the back its installed almost against the wall. Do i have to remove it to get to the back to hook it up? is that what others did? once i get it hooked i would just keep it hooked up a keep the cord in the cupboard when not using it. I knew they no longer provided a plug in place for the TV to the Boss system but i thought i could still hook it up fairly easily the TV is very close to the Boss DVD player. Anyone solve this issue?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #2

The boss

Took it down so I could see the back of the Boss stereo/DVD player - the Boss service help guy said I want to just Connect video so get a yellow rca cable plug it into the yellow plug then plug the other yellow end into the yellow plug on the back of the tv. So the video from the DVD player would go to the tv and the sound would continue to go to the speakers. So I order an rca yellow cable will will see if that works. This has been my only frustration with my new trailer. So I guess I'm lucky!
Old 11-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Yes, Yellow RCA composite connector hooked up to Yellow output from Boss to Yellow input on TV will give you video from Boss with sound coming from TV speakers.

Many stores carry the standard 3 color RCA connectors, but not all will carry the yellow Video only connector, but they do make them.
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Video Only RCA connector.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
There is probably a full RCA cord ( audio and video ) in the boxes that every TV you ever bought came in. I must have a half dozen of them in the side shed.
Probably in a plastic bag along with the manual.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #5

Yes but when you finally need one where are they! But they are cheep.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:43 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Yes but when you finally need one where are they! But they are cheep.
I kept six seat belts from a Volkswagon bus for many years before I threw them out ( I planned to convert it to a camper ). Then we had a kid, and a car seat, and a Nissan pickup King Cab with no belt in the back. Cost me $50 for a seat belt.
And then I got a Subaru wagon.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:45 PM   #7

Got my yellow connectors and hooked it up works great thanks for all the help! Now I need to find someone to hold it up so I can get the screws back in tried to stack stuff under it so it was pressed against the cabinet but couldn't do it alone. Funny I think me doing repairs is like someone cooking who never cooks - even the easiest things are hard for me to figure out I get better the more I try ... but I can whip up a soufflé with no problem!