That Blasted Blasting Noise - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
That Blasted Blasting Noise

Living the in mountains, we are blessed with cooler temperatures and less humidity than most (it's sooooo nice). But this last weekend, we went to Richmond (Virginia) to do some grand parenting (one of our favorite hobbies), and stayed again at Pocahontas State Park (highly recommended). The temps were in the high 90's (F) and the humidity was in the 90's (reminded me of my childhood growing up around Va Beach, where that combo was a normal summer day). Well, needless to say, we turned on the AC, which worked wonderfully during the day. The water was flowing like a river off the top of Hokie, as it removed the water from the air inside. Thanks you Lord for AC (which we didn't have growing up).
But then came bedtime. That blasted blasting noise from the AC!!!!!!! How can anyone sleep? Well, first, you put in on "always on" so at least the fan isn't "cycling" on and off, only the condenser is (not really that noticeable with the "blasted blasting" going on continually). It just sounds like a "Freight train" rumbling beside you all nightl!!!!
OK, here's the question: Is there any solution (except . "OK, that does it....only Mountain camping for us in the summer!!!!") ? Is there a "whisper quiet" AC on the market? Any way to cut the airflow back so it isn't "blasting" all the time, just a normal flow of air? Help!
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'
Re: That Blasted Blasting Noise

I think we are glad we don't have AC! That doesn't sound right though...? How about a little fan blasting you with air all night - at least it would be consistent. Or, as you say, stick to the cool mountains.
Jenny
Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19

Ear plugs! My favorite brand is Hearos Ultimate Softness Series; I get 'em at my local CVS pharmacy. Had to start using them when my wife's allergies caused her to snore sometimes at night. (Sure hope she doesn't see this post!)

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: HokieEscape...Dan... sounds like quite a dilemma. It's either can't sleep for the heat or the "Blessed Blasted Blasting". I won't leave home without my ear plugs either. Our first "Boondocking" experience at Tamarack was drowned out by the early morning arrival of the "Icecream Truck". Turned out to be a 40' MoHo with his Genset running. I now keep my "EP's" in a ziploc baggie next to my pillow. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote