Toilet Leak - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #21

Wow, looking at the pictures, I am impressed with the neatness of the wiring and plumbing that ETI puts into their trailers!!! Very professional. Makes DYI easier too.

If you can dream it, you can do it
walloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #22

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Vicki... everything is an option if you ask EXCEPT the stainless steel backsplash. Reace won't do THAT again!
From Reace:

"Toilet Shut-off Valve - If the toilet valve fails during a trip, this would allow you to shut the water off to the toilet and still use water in the trailer until the repair can take place. The toilet is mounted very close to the back wall making it difficult to remove the toilet and undo the water line from the back of the toilet. We have remedied this by changing the water line installation to the toilet. You can now easily remove the toilet and then undo the water line. In doing so, the new method does not leave any room to install the shut-off valve. The only bathroom that the valve can be installed if required is on the 21'."
cargofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
THANKS! But, if I remember right (and I've been known to be wrong) there's room in the 5er plumbing (in the closet) for the shut off value. The 21' bathroom is on the "other side" of the trailer.

Has anyone ordered a toilet shut-off value from the factory on a Classic 5er? I could have SWORN where I read someone did... *(t's not nice to swear)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I dunno, I dunno. Seems to be plenty of space, see my picture, to interrupt the line and install a safety cut-off valve rather than take down the toilet to shut off the water.

My questions are:

How does one "undo" a water line? If it means stop water flow with a plug, fine, what kind of plug? Wouldn't keeping the right plug handy then be prudent? You got to go someplace that sells your toilet parts, or pay the man to install new what's busted, regardless.

When did Reace say this- I ask so I have an idea if any of this applies to my 19's toilet, installed I guess sometime in Sept. 2013.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #25

Trailer: none
12-04-2013 "Some clarity on some options"
cargofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
It would be easy for me to install one in my 19 if I wanted, the line runs through the wall, and is accessible in the dinette seat.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Failure of the Thedford toilet flush valve is very rare. After traveling with another Casita couple who's toilet did malfuction, I decided it was an easy mod for me to do just in case. I won't worry about not having a toilet supply shutoff.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #28

"...it was an easy mod...just in case..."

Exactly. Applying to unwanted water flow the first rule of first aid-- first, stop the bleeding.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #29

Removing the plywood bench seat (probably not necessary) to gain easy access took the most time and requires a screw driver nib for square drive screw heads.

Cutting that tough ˝ inch water line with a standard razor knife requires strength. Took only minutes to slip on the compression-fitting valve.

For those trying this at home for the first time I should also mention, you make the first cut, slip the valve all the way in, then carefully gauge where to do the second cut. The greatest danger is cutting off too much. This is very stiff tubing and you don't want to not be able to seat it all the way into the valve.
Attached Thumbnails
ToilVal3.jpg  
Old 02-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They must know you by your first name at Lowes, Myron…

Tags
leak, toilet, toilet valve