Toilet leaking - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA
Toilet leaking

Has anyone had issue with base of toilet leaking on new 5.0TA ? Picked up 10 days ago and can't use toilet due to leak. Shut water off, but can't call Escape until tomorrow, plus we r in NY heading to Fla Monday.
Thanks, Mark
Weldingmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Sorry, I can't help... no problems.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If it happens with the water on, it must be something with the supply line or valve. I know when I cracked my valve, water ran down the back of the toilet, and out from around the base. I would check all the connections first, otherwise it could likely be something to do with the valve itself.

I am sure Reace will be able to solve it and find a solution for you tomorrow.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 19'
I had a toilet leak while out camping, water appeared to be trickling from the front of the toilet base onto the floor.

The actual leak was at the rear top of the toilet where the water supply line attaches to the toilet. Reace replaced the rear assembly of the toilet, problem solved.

Sorry, I don't know if the 5.0TA has a water shutoff valve just for the toilet. My 19' is from the recent era when Reace doesn't install a toilet shutoff valve during the factory build, so when I had the leak I had to shut off all water supply to the trailer. It was pretty inconvenient. I tried wrapping teflon tape around the connection, but that didn't solve the problem.

I have since learned that it's apparently pretty easy to buy a "plug" to plug up the water supply line. Apparently you unscrew the water supply line from the toilet, and thread the plug onto the toilet water supply line. This allows the rest of the trailer to have water service while the toilet is out of commission.

Of course, your trailer may already have a toilet shutoff valve, I just don't know. Good luck fixing things up, I know how unpleasant it is to have a toilet leak on a new trailer.
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Where is the water cut off for the whole trailer? I'm sure I don't have toilet cut off 17b 2012 but in case that happens to me someday I wouldn't know how to shut off the water.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Where is the water cut off for the whole trailer? I'm sure I don't have toilet cut off 17b 2012 but in case that happens to me someday I wouldn't know how to shut off the water.
There is no valve to shut the water off. If hooked up to city water at a campground, turn off the valve at the site connections, and if using the water from the tank, leave the pump off.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote