trailer cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19' Escape
trailer cover

Does anyone know of a trailer cover that fits a Escape 19? We have an Adco trailer cover that is way to wide so the opening for the door doesn't line up very well.
Thanks, Wayne
Wayne&Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I had an Adco on my 19 and now on my 21.

I don't have an A/C on the roof and the material hung right down to the ground and the top of the opening in the cover was lower than the top of the trailer door.

What I did to make the door easier to open with the trailer cover on was first pull the cover more over to the rear side until the door opening was at least as high as the trailer door. Then I took a light wood batten, about 1/4" x 1 1/2" and rolled up the back side surplus material until it was clear of the ground. I used plastic clothes line pins to hold the roll of material in place.

I also put a slab of white stryofoam on the roof over the door. It projects out about 6". It makes the door easier to open without having to roll the fabric up.

Works for me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #3

Thanks Ron, I will have to give that a try. To bad there is isn't a company that make covers for
the smaller fiberglass trailers (Scamp, Cassita, Escape, etc) since there are quite a few out there.
Wayne
Old 12-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #4

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Nancy View Post
Thanks Ron, I will have to give that a try. To bad there is isn't a company that make covers for
the smaller fiberglass trailers (Scamp, Cassita, Escape, etc) since there are quite a few out there.
Wayne
ADCO and Calmark both make custom sunbrella covers for small fiberglass rv's. On our previous Casita we had a Calmark and on our current Escape 21 we have a the custom ADCO. If you call Paulo Lopez from ADCO they will get you covered.
Here is a review of our ADCO cover. https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...a-17515-2.html
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #5

Thanks for the information, we will make do with the old Adco cover for now. Wayne
Old 12-16-2021, 12:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
I just received my E19 and had ordered the cover from ETI but they were out of stock so refunded that charge. Here is what they use for their supplier. https://www.rvautoparts.com/80-409-1..._p_289043.html
DougO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:39 PM   #7

Thanks Doug, that is more what I was looking for. I will get a hold of them. Wayne