Trailer lift points? (Jack points) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
Trailer lift points? (Jack points)

The Dexter EZ Lube factory video instructs to raise the trailer before sqirting the zerk with grease. Where on the frame do you put the jack? I saw something on the forum, but now I can’t find it. Do you use a floor jack or bottle jack?
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Richard
Since you have a tandem axle trailer you can get a couple 2 by 8s and back or pull one tire of the trailer up in them and the other front or back tandem will be off the ground enough to spin the wheel.’ When I jack mine up I jack on the frame about a foot ahead of or behind the tire. Just don’t jack on the rubber torsion pivot point or on the axle cover as it will dent or bend. I use a floor jack in my case just because I have one and have plenty of floor to get at the axles. I found that if you don’t mind getting down on the concrete, you can roll the floor jack into place from the opposite side and accurately hit the jacking point at a perpendicular angle as opposed to trying to line up on that point with the tire in the way or bumping the fiberglass trailer belly with the jack handle on the upstroke. YMMV
Dave
Old 04-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
From the Owner’s Manual...
Attached Thumbnails
99909E7E-3C9E-4269-889E-EB4381769F5F.jpg   F9C206ED-48DF-4624-94EF-93EC858F59CB.jpg  
Old 04-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
Thank you. This is NOT in my paper manual. I found the PDF on the ETI website - and thanks again
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
Thank you. This is NOT in my paper manual. I found the PDF on the ETI website - and thanks again
Yes, I should have said online Owner's Manual.
https://escapetrailer.com/wp-content...nersManual.pdf
Old 10-04-2022, 12:18 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
From the Owner’s Manual...
First time taking off a wheel on my 21C. That is a mighty awkward place to work a bottle jack—under the trailer!

Had a slow leak in my rear passenger-side tire. Took off wheel and substituted spare (never used).

I'm wondering if it's OK to jack up on the frame between the two axles. The gals who make all those videos do that. Then you don't have to crawl under and work the jack lying down.

Couldn't really use the easy-block method, as I'd have to hitch up, and that's a real pain getting across the yard and lined up; takes two of us. Obviously if we're taking the Escape out, it's worth it, but not for just changing a tire.

Though jacking up turned out to be more work than I expected. First tried my rolling floor jack, but it wasn't high enough. Bottle worked, though I had to overcome my reluctance to crawling under; yes, I know there's another wheel holding up the trailer on the same side, but still. . .