Ugly Liner Ripple - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Sorry to hear you have this above your door...let’s hide it with a feature.

I don’t have a 5 but I would assume you also have another block of wood on the right side out of view.

You could cut a panel of wood or frosted plastic and screw it to the two blocks spanning side to side. Maybe you could have a custom trailer name engraved in wood?

If you had custom fabric left over you could cover the wood panel with that or get ETI to send you some of the same fabric that is in your trailer...at their cost.

If you like the frosted or white plastic idea...you could also put a light behind it. If you got the electric awning there is a control box in the left upper cabinet and it has a wire that operates the outside led strip. If you did not get the led strip then this wire is just sitting there waiting for you to hook up a light...say over the door. It is operated by a switch on the remote. I will be doing an article on that later this fall.

Some people with 19s have made a shelf in the area above the door but I don’t think it will cover your problem as well a panel like I have suggested.

I hope this idea helps and solves your problem. I am here to answer any questions if you do not completely understand the idea.

Good luck
Ed
Attached Thumbnails
A2F59FC7-9FBD-49EC-BF13-87B5C92FB3C5.jpeg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Old 08-07-2020, 01:14 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
Here is the ripple picture
Thankyou for posting a picture . That looks like it should be taken care with warranty .
I hope they honor your request . Go to the top ! Do not give up ! Pat
Old 08-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I agree that the problem on the posted picture is something that should be rectified by ETI under warranty. Unfortunately, with so many trailers being delivered these days rather than being picked up at the factory, the bargaining position for owners is much less when a defect is observed at pickup. If you were at the factory picking up a trailer and an inspection revealed a defect, I expect it would be a lot easier to get ETI to fix it immediately.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 08-07-2020, 08:30 AM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I agree that the problem on the posted picture is something that should be rectified by ETI under warranty. Unfortunately, with so many trailers being delivered these days rather than being picked up at the factory, the bargaining position for owners is much less when a defect is observed at pickup. If you were at the factory picking up a trailer and an inspection revealed a defect, I expect it would be a lot easier to get ETI to fix it immediately.
Escape should do a personalized 'live stream' trailer inspection / orientation with the owner before the trailer leaves the factory. While it won't eliminate all 'surprises' later on it surely would reduce them.

I was going to request this for mine which is in production right now.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:50 AM   #25

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Escape should do a personalized 'live stream' trailer inspection / orientation with the owner before the trailer leaves the factory. While it won't eliminate all 'surprises' later on it surely would reduce them.

I was going to request this for mine which is in production right now.
That's a good idea. As a prospective buyer something that obvious to be passed by a"QC inspector" is very disturbing. When they ship it all the way to Texas I'd be very upset with something like that. I understand everything won't be perfect but that's beyond some issues.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #26

Well, it would take a lot for me to be disappointed in my Escape. My tent trailer had a damaged zipper, my 3 year old Forest River Wildwood QB leaked infinitely, the old Cobra was rotten (I bought it because it was on a lake front site), my Trillium had a rotten floor.

Yes, I do realize the investment, I also just bought new. I bought it with the risk if anything happens I might be on the hook as I am 4400km from the warranty dept.

I consider a ripple in the vinyl a minor cosmetic imperfection. As another forum member mentioned, cover it up with a feature.

Another suggestion would be to cut it, scrap the foam off the back and glue it. It would be less noticeable.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:53 AM   #27

Trailer: none
I say it's look like hell , that is not minor issue and how did this pass quality control
Old 08-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Empty insulation

I don't have a 'ripple' but in the dining area in the drivers side rear of the dining area where you can literally push your hand and feel the fiberglass. It's just the outer layer of material and empty behind it. It's the only place in the camper. I am still happy overall with the purchase but it is disappointing. One error at my end is that I opted out of the hood range and I should have opted for a bigger window (a double) in the kitchen area. It's an 5.0.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #29

Trailer: none
That's not MINOR flaw .
Old 08-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I would have a professional such as an auto upholstery shop look at it and give you an estimate . Since driving to Chilliwack to get it repaired is not practical , finding somebody local is probably the only way to get it fixed properly and professionally
Knowing what the repair actually costs will also be valuable when dealing with Escape.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #31

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
As a potential buyer of a new Escape 5.0 in early 2021 I have one question to all the other potential USA buyers.

Would you accept a Wavy Headliner in your new quality built exclusive “German Made” Mercedes because they are built a few thousand miles away?

Old 08-07-2020, 10:13 AM   #32

Trailer: 2013 - 19
On a new trailer I would want that fixed by ETI. I like Steve’s idea get a quote and start at Karl.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #33

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artintampa View Post
One error at my end is that I opted out of the hood range and I should have opted for a bigger window (a double) in the kitchen area. It's an 5.0.
If we ever purchase another 5.0 it will not have a range hood, or air conditioner. It will have another Maxx Fan where the AC is located. Plus that bigger window if possible!

I need to store this in my memory box, unfortunately it has holes and memories fall out.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 08-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Whoa, what fun, lets all jump on slagging ETI.

But, without singling anyone out, do you know for a fact that quality control missed this defect and that it was there to see?

The liner has some elastic properties and the contact type adhesive can become soft in high heat. If there's a bit of tension in the liner, a little too much of a sideways movement when applying, the built up tension can pull on the softened adhesive and cause a ripple.

Yes, I think ETI should have it fixed.

Ron
Old 08-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I would have a professional such as an auto upholstery shop look at it and give you an estimate . Since driving to Chilliwack to get it repaired is not practical , finding somebody local is probably the only way to get it fixed properly and professionally
Knowing what the repair actually costs will also be valuable when dealing with Escape.
Excellent Steve after Escape under warranty ,agrees to pay ! A auto upholstery shop would be the one to see to repair the vinyl . Pat
Old 08-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #36

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
Thank you for all those suggestions. We apreciate it.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
That's not MINOR flaw .
This is a minor cosmetic issue. When you buy a $50,000 truck and it’s in the shop every 3 months, that’s major. If I bought a $50,000 truck with a wrinkled headliner, it wouldn’t bother me. There’s bigger issues in life I have to tend too.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #38
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
We received our brand new 5.0 last week and were so excited. Unfortunately the liner above the door has a 2 foot ripple and there is also a 6 inch ripple near the foot of the bed on the wall. We contacted Escape and were surprised to have them say “too bad, that happens sometimes”. Has any one else had this type of problem and lack of response? Most importantly, any ideas how to fix Escapes attitude and the ripple?
Hi Haystack, Regarding the 'Ugly defect' you've described, whether it was missed in QC or happened during transit, our guess would be that that whichever ETI employee said to you , "too bad, that happens sometimes", was not aware of the contractual obligations that ETI's 2 year Warranty provides which includes (but is not limited to) the following: (for full warranty info, see ETI's website.)

[MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY

...Escape Trailer Industries (‘ETI’) warranty covers this recreational vehicle (‘RV’) for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase by the first retail owner. This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship supplied by and attributable to ETI’s manufacturing and assembly of the RV, when the RV is used for its intended purposes of recreational camping.

Manufacturing defects reported to Escape Trailer Industries within two years after the original retail delivery of your new Travel Trailer will be corrected without charge and within reasonable times.

(The last few lines of the warranty include the following.)

How To Obtain Warranty Service

Your continued satisfaction with your travel trailer is of utmost importance to Escape Trailer Industries. Please follow these steps for fast, efficient warranty service.

Inspect your travel trailer thoroughly to determine exactly what service is required.
Contact Escape Trailer Industries by phone or email with this information.
If Escape Trailer Industries is not within reasonable proximity for service, Escape Trailer Industries will work with a reputable service center near the customer. ]

IMHO, with ETI's, 'Manufacturer's 2 year Warranty', 'defects in materials' IS covered. So we encourage you to remind them of their legally binding warranty contract with you and request they fix this defect to your satisfaction, at no cost to you, if you so desire. -Best of luck to you! -Bea
Old 08-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #39

When calling Escape, please make note of who your speaking with for future reference.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hi Haystack, Regarding the 'Ugly defect' you've described, whether it was missed in QC or happened during transit, our guess would be that that whichever ETI employee said to you , "too bad, that happens sometimes", was not aware of the contractual obligations that ETI's 2 year Warranty provides which includes (but is not limited to) the following: (for full warranty info, see ETI's website.)

[MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY

...Escape Trailer Industries (‘ETI’) warranty covers this recreational vehicle (‘RV’) for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase by the first retail owner. This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship supplied by and attributable to ETI’s manufacturing and assembly of the RV, when the RV is used for its intended purposes of recreational camping.

Manufacturing defects reported to Escape Trailer Industries within two years after the original retail delivery of your new Travel Trailer will be corrected without charge and within reasonable times.

(The last few lines of the warranty include the following.)

How To Obtain Warranty Service

Your continued satisfaction with your travel trailer is of utmost importance to Escape Trailer Industries. Please follow these steps for fast, efficient warranty service.

Inspect your travel trailer thoroughly to determine exactly what service is required.
Contact Escape Trailer Industries by phone or email with this information.
If Escape Trailer Industries is not within reasonable proximity for service, Escape Trailer Industries will work with a reputable service center near the customer. ]

IMHO, with ETI's, 'Manufacturer's 2 year Warranty', 'defects in materials' IS covered. So we encourage you to remind them of their legally binding warranty contract with you and request they fix this defect to your satisfaction, at no cost to you, if you so desire. -Best of luck to you! -Bea
Thankyou Bea for posting the warranty . Hopefully they will follow through and get the warranted resolution! Pat
Closed Thread