Warranty and Repair - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2021, 08:24 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21C, 2021 Model Year
Warranty and Repair

Hi, I will be taking delivery of a new 21C in April. I am not particularly handy or motivated to do too many repairs if needed on my own. I do plan on making some shelving mods and probably install a bed lift...things like that. Hope it does not happen, but where does one take an Escape trailer for repairs for components/body/axel and wheels, etc? It would be unreasonable to drive to Canada (border closed anyway). I am assuming most full service RV dealers with parts and service departments would be able to assist. Thanks!
TomEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I'm also not particularly handy, but the fact that Escape is in Canada does not bother me at all. If there is any warranty work to be done, you would take your Escape to any local rv repair place. You are not expected to go back to Canada.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEscape View Post
Hi, I will be taking delivery of a new 21C in April. I am not particularly handy or motivated to do too many repairs if needed on my own. I do plan on making some shelving mods and probably install a bed lift...things like that. Hope it does not happen, but where does one take an Escape trailer for repairs for components/body/axel and wheels, etc? It would be unreasonable to drive to Canada (border closed anyway). I am assuming most full service RV dealers with parts and service departments would be able to assist. Thanks!
Hi: TomEscape... IMO I'd call 1 800 HELP Escape first. Once it's determined there's a warranty repair needed you/they will determine where to take the trailer locally to perform the necessary repair, and what the billing procedure is!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Okay so I'm not in a position to provide the whole story right now, but I am right in the middle of a Dometic awning issue.

I am currently holding my breath on this one. I have some real worries and I think I can make a good case that we have issues on this front.

I will start a new thread when I have concluded this transaction. Hopefully there is a happy ending to come. The last part we ordered took over two months to get here. And now we need more.

Back to holding my breath. Sorry to be so evasive. I do not want to speak to soon and then need to eat some words. Better to go slowly.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Or, don't say anything, until you have something to say.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
This is a bit of a different take on the warranty issue; just a comment. We bought our 5.0TA in April 2019 with the 2 year warranty. Had no issues whatsoever in the first year of use. Now however as a result of COVID 19 pandemic, my trailer has sat parked in the same spot since March 2020 and will most likely not move at least until summer of this year (maybe in June) and so I essentially lost an entire year of use where perhaps some early break-in issues could have been repaired under warranty - now that warranty will have expired.

Oh well, our family and so far all of our friends are healthy, so we can be grateful for that
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote