Warranty & Serial Number Ideas, etc - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2021, 08:55 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
Warranty & Serial Number Ideas, etc

Here is a recommendation for Escape Trailer new owners or, really, all owners. Get a list of the warranty items in your rig - appliances, water heater, pumps, AC - all that stuff. Most is available on your build sheet or in the description of the options.

Start a spreadsheet or write it down listing the item - both common name and the "technical" name, manufacturer name, model information, serial number and date of purchase. You could leave room for notes (repairs, regular maintenance, length of warranty, etc.)

Enter the data a.s.a.p. because it seems that if you don't you'll need it. Then when your cover falls apart one windy winter day on your rig stored in your drive, you can call the manufacturer and they will send you a new one if its still under warranty.

This is an easy way to manage your Escape purchase and make your life easier in the long run. I've done this informally but plan to open up my my productivity program and get a spreadsheet started of all the scraps of paper and iPhone notes I have.

I also have a big zip-lock bag with all the owner's manuals that came with my rig, plus any upgrades or mods literature, inside the 17B in the camping season and haul it in the house for the winter storage season.

Tags
appliances, escape, organization, warranty