Warranty Issue - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Angry Warranty Issue

Im fighting over a warranty issue with Escape and Progressive surge protectors......neither is very helpful.......had my 5.0 TA less than a year
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Chadwick View Post
Im fighting over a warranty issue with Escape and Progressive surge protectors......neither is very helpful.......had my 5.0 TA less than a year
Sounds like a good topic for its own thread as both of those companies have a pretty good reputation for honoring warranty issues.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Chadwick View Post
Call Escape and ask to speak to Reace and no one else . If you can get to him , he will listen and I am sure solve these issues . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
or ask for Karl, the new President at ETI!! Course he would probably just turn it over to Reace but it gives you 2 people to call and leave messages for. I always thought the EMS by Progressive had a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Did they refuse your request?
Old 06-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Call Escape and ask to speak to Reace and no one else . If you can get to him , he will listen and I am sure solve these issues . Pat
I have found Reace to be very responsive to warranty issues , Progressive not so much
After experiencing numerous issues ( nuisance tripping) , I decided to just put my EMS in bypass mode and just take my chances . Lifes too short !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I always thought the EMS by Progressive had a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Did they refuse your request?
Warranty document
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/439d5...1a4f57aa30.pdf
Old 06-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #7

Looks good to me.....
Old 06-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Well, we don't know what the issue is, do we?
Not much point commenting until we do.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Please provide details on your issue and what your steps so far have been. That way you may get help you need. A vague post will get vague answers.
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
One of my light fixtures failed and I wrote to ETI I received the following response:

The lights are not covered under to two year warranty
Sincerely,

Dustin Dionne, Parts and Service

That's very disappointing and I feel is inappropriate. The lights are an integral part of the trailer and should be covered under the warranty.

Walt
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #11

I got an E-Mail yesterday from Escape that 2 light fixtures were being shipped to me to replace the defective light fixtures on my 2018 Escape . The fixtures are being replaced under the 2 year warranty and at no cost to me .
The person I spoke to at Escape about the fixtures was
Dustin Dionne . Evidently they are only replacing certain light fixtures installed in a specific time frame
Old 06-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I wrote back and got the following response.

Unfortunately the warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship supplied by and attributable to ETI’s manufacturing and assembly of the RV.
On page 3 of the warranty it states what is not covered by the limited warranty – Equipment, products, components, appliances, or accessories not manufactured by ETI.

My naivite I guess. I wasn't aware that ETI did not stand behind anything beyond the shell and cabinets.

But I think this in part is a result of the company sale. Earlier, when I had failures in the water heater and converter I worked with Reace and he provided me with the necessary modules to replace the defective parts, even though they were not "manufactured by ETI". I gather I was very fortunate those more major problems occurred prior to the sale.
This is only one instance I recognize, but it sure implies ETI is no longer a customer oriented firm.

Walt
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
This is only one instance I recognize, but it sure implies ETI is no longer a customer oriented firm.

Walt

This like complaining that because you got two scoops of ice cream before, when you were only supposed to get one, that the server is being unfair by giving you only one.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #14

Quote:

Unfortunately the warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship supplied by and attributable to ETI’s manufacturing and assembly of the RV.
On page 3 of the warranty it states what is not covered by the limited warranty – Equipment, products, components, appliances, or accessories not manufactured by ETI.

My naivite I guess. I wasn't aware that ETI did not stand behind anything beyond the shell and cabinets.

But I think this in part is a result of the company sale. Earlier, when I had failures in the water heater and converter I worked with Reace and he provided me with the necessary modules to replace the defective parts, even though they were not "manufactured by ETI". I gather I was very fortunate those more major problems occurred prior to the sale.

Walt
My buddy bought a brand new stick built 34 ft Forest River 5th wheel trailer . Forest Rivers / dealers warranty was just about as useful as Escapes when he started having issues .
I assumed when I bought my Casita and my Escape that I was pretty much on my own and so far my assumptions have been correct . Sending me parts so that I can fix the problem myself is not acceptable to me , my time and effort has value.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:

The reason that this works out is that those components are covered by their own warranties. As various owners have reported, ETI often helps owners get warranty assistance from component manufacturers.

Quote:

Walt
The warranty has not changed with the ownership change; components were not covered by the ETI warranty previously. The degree of assistance from ETI probably varies with the individual staff member handling the request; my guess is that this is a larger factor than company ownership.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Trailer: 21 escape
failed interior lights,

Quote:
One of my light fixtures failed and I wrote to ETI I received the following response:

The lights are not covered under to two year warranty
Sincerely,

Dustin Dionne, Parts and Service

That's very disappointing and I feel is inappropriate. The lights are an integral part of the trailer and should be covered under the warranty.

Walt
our lights failed at 14 mo. on our 21ft, was told by ET that my warrantee on our 2017 21ft was only 1 yr. so not covered, I wasn't aware of any 2 yr warrantee, except on some of the appliances, they said they could sell us new ones for around $15 each, but we decided to purchase elsewhere , wanted some with removeable element that could be replaced, the original ones in our 21 had non replaceable elements, sad for a trailer this expensive to have cheapy lights like this!
oldstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:40 AM   #17

Hey Jerry, Can you update your avatar to show you are now an owner of what year E21? thanks
It helps to put things in perspective.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:06 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
My buddy bought a brand new stick built 34 ft Forest River 5th wheel trailer . Forest Rivers / dealers warranty was just about as useful as Escapes when he started having issues .
I assumed when I bought my Casita and my Escape that I was pretty much on my own and so far my assumptions have been correct . Sending me parts so that I can fix the problem myself is not acceptable to me , my time and effort has value.

Check out the Forest River forum, seems pretty common for people to spend $100k+ to get an RV that can’t make it home without it falling apart and then waiting months, while loosing vacation time, if ever to get a problem resolved. We’ve owned our 50 TA for 2 years, had it delivered, so no initial inspection, and other than a defective gasket on a window, have been enjoying and using it as often as possible. An email to the company got me a phone call from Reace with instructions for repair or options to bring it to rv repair place or bring back to ETI. Choose to have him send parts as 3000 miles for a repair that took about an hour seemed a bit far to go. Although I’m sure we would have enjoyed the trip. And I figured I could do as good or better a repair than I could get done at rv dealership. I was totally happy with the resolution. I’m just responding here because I just don’t think the Forest River comparison is a fair one😎
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
It's not the manufacturers responsibility to make certain you have a service center for warranty work available and within a reasonable driving distance. It doesn't matter if that's for a washing machine, motor vehicle or travel trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Warranty

It wasn’t long after Escape installed and delivered the defective lights on 2017/2018 trailers that Reace knew there was a problem with lights. But instead of notifying customers he just waited and while waiting, he mailed out a replacement or two now and then. Some of the replacements were the same junk that had been originally installed. I give Reace the benefit of doubt. Maybe he really wasn’t sure about the failing lights at the beginning but... eventually he knew they were junk but he just waited for the year to run out to see how few he could get away with replacing.
Is this the work of a good businessman?
Starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote