Wet Bath - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 21C on order
Wet Bath

How do owners like the wet bath? I'm asking those who actually use it for daily showers. It is my biggest hesitation with purchasing an Escape. How hot is it in warm/hot weather? Best way to keep it cooler? Do you wipe it down after every shower? With what? Every nook and cranny? Where's the bathmat? Where do wet towels go when there are 2 of you. Etc......Thanks in advance
harleyrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While a separate shower would be nice, I'm not willing to give up the space for one (check the design suggestions for the 23').

Since I dry camp most of the winter, I don't shower daily. When I do, I use a window squeegee to wipe down the walls, finishing up with a shammy. Do run the fan when showering - when I forget, the smoke alarm goes off. No bathmat, but I finish drying in the trailer next to the bed standing on my entrance rug. When I'm done with the towel it goes outside to dry if it is sunny, or inside on the bathroom door (half in, half out through the slot over the door).
Old 06-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0TA
I was hesitant about it at first, but it is OK. I shower every evening.

Water temperature is not an issue. I use a shower squeegee to wipe down the walls and area around the toilet. I have installed Dri-Dek in the bathroom and highly recommend it.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/dri-d...15_456_001_512

When I clean the bathroom I use a 50/50 solution of Dawn detergent and white vinegar to clean the textured part of the floor.

I use plastic over-the-door hooks to dry the towels.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...-the-door-hook
LynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
We do a considerable amount of dry camping so the wet bath is practical and useful. We find that, with thoughtful use, we can get two daily spartan showers each for three days. With COVID concerns, we may even use it more during occasional full hookups.

I really like these push & lock suction hooks for towels, washcloths, etc. in the photo. A boat owner friend claimed the best tool for fiberglass is ShamWow. He's right! That super absorbent fabric is perfect for wiping down the shower, as a companion to a squeegee.

We replaced the original showerhead with an Oxygenics showerhead which handles water pressure better and has a more convenient cutoff switch, IMHO. I also replaced the stiff shower hose with a coiled version and a suction cup mount. Both go into the sink while traveling. Wet towels go on more suction cup hooks either inside the shower or outside, weather permitting.

Yup, a wet bath does take a little more work than a dry bath but, like John, we wouldn't give up the space either. Also, ditto on the Dri-Deck or similar type products. Wiping down the walls and keeping the vent open while showering controls excess moisture. We dry and clean under the Dri-Deck at the end of a camping outing. We do use a bathmat which usually stays on top of the Dri-Deck until shower time, when it goes just outside the bath door.

While it takes a bit of practice, especially in cramped spaces, we don't hesitate using it at all. Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1100.jpg  

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyrk View Post
How do owners like the wet bath? I'm asking those who actually use it for daily showers. It is my biggest hesitation with purchasing an Escape. How hot is it in warm/hot weather? Best way to keep it cooler? Do you wipe it down after every shower? With what? Every nook and cranny? Where's the bathmat? Where do wet towels go when there are 2 of you. Etc......Thanks in advance
We use our trailer for 3 months at a time in Big Bend. Summers can be brutal but with plenty of water in the shower we can control the temperature as needed. If camping in winter and lucky enough to have hookups, we run the water heater on 110 VAC and propane at the same time. Wife and I can then take back-to-back showers without worrying about running out of hot water.

Last person to take a shower gets to wipe down all the moisture. Yes, floor to ceiling and front to back. Only takes a couple of minutes, followed by running the bathroom fan for 15 minutes to dissipate residual moisture. Perhaps once per week we wipe down with a soap scum remover product.

Three weaknesses we found:

1 - The shower drain/strainer doesn't catch as much hair as we would like so we added a hair strainer for $1.

2 - The grey tank seems a lot smaller than the published numbers and two showers frequently pushes the limit. Of course we may be talking luxury shower here!

3 - The placement of the shower sprayer mount directs any drips from the head onto the edge of the sink. I would rather drips land in the sink or on the floor. Planning on a small modification to move the mount an inch or two.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
ksitte do you remember the source for coiled hose and shower head. Looks like great solution.

I use the shower all the time if we have sewer connection. If boondocking the gray water tank wont last long even with “navy” showers.
2019 Tundra Crew Max TV
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Have used the shower constantly from day 1 and love it. Added Oxygenics shower head and put two command bath hooks on wall behind shower curtain for towel, etc while showering. Also added command bath trays to hold items, shaving mirror, soap dish and shampoo/conditioner dispenser. It’s like a deluxe hotel bathroom now.
I never squeegee or wipe down walls, just let it air dry and it looks fine after 5 years of use. Of course, we’re in the SW where everything dries in 10-15 minutes.
I’m with Jon, that I wouldn’t sacrifice the space in these small trailers for a dry bath and left that feedback on the 23 to offer floor plans with both options.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
We purchased our coiled hose on eBay but I notice that Amazon now sells them too. The showerhead we bought at CampingWorld on a special but Amazon sells that now too, although at a higher price today.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Spring-...item48d41dc8fa

https://smile.amazon.com/XUJJA-Sprin...1729310&sr=8-3

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote