Where to carry.... chairs - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 AM   #1

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Where to carry.... chairs

Hi

Seeking advise. We have a Escape 19. Where do you put the chair. Ours are zero gravity real chair.

Could carry them in then back of truck but I like then store in the trailer.

The only place is on the table on the down position since the under the bed area has the drawing modification .

Thanks
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You may have to leave it at home, sometimes different trailers have tradeoffs, good for one thing but not for others. I could carry one in my Lance 1880 but the roof leaked. I leave the chair at home when using my my leakproof Escape.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
We love our zero G chairs. We tried 'lightening up' on one trip and left them at home. That was a mistake, we missed them every day so now we always take them (even on our 10,000 mi trip around the US). We keep them in the car. We want the trailer free to use.
Happy Trails,
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Simply in the truck cab. Park the chairs straight up, behind the passenger seat. Easy to get in and out when needed, always dry, and no dust.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #5

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
We love our zero G chairs. We tried 'lightening up' on one trip and left them at home. That was a mistake, we missed them every day so now we always take them (even on our 10,000 mi trip around the US). We keep them in the car. We want the trailer free to use.
Happy Trails,
Kathie
Kathy, I'd love to know which Zero G chairs you use, as my back needs the TLC they provide, and yours seem to have held up nicely through travel. Thanks!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Mine go in the back of the SUV. When I had a rear-door trailer, it was easy to store them inside, but with a side door it is more trouble than it is worth, especially if you want access to the trailer while you are traveling. But you could also do a cargo rack behind the trailer.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasaurus View Post
Hi

Seeking advise. We have a Escape 19. Where do you put the chair. Ours are zero gravity real chair.

Could carry them in then back of truck but I like then store in the trailer.

The only place is on the table on the down position since the under the bed area has the drawing modification .

Thanks
Hi: hondasaurus... The best place to carry the chairs is "Beside the babbling brook"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
As much as I sort of love my zero gravity chair I no longer carry it with me.

I got tired of lugging an overweight steel frame chair around. I've always hoped that they would come out with one entirely in aluminum. Never found one.

So I found a discarded retro lounge chair, re-webbed it and it's now my feather weight chair of choice for trailer use. Throw a cushion on it and I find it just as comfortable.

Sorry zero gravity chair but until you can get lighter you're just going to have to stay at home.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0008_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hey, I thought I threw that away last year?..........
Old 08-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Well someone did, but not you.

As my zero gravity chair got progressively more difficult to open and recline etc. and rust, no doubt from salty beach sand, started to show up I began looking for a lightweight aluminum chaise lounge of yesteryear. Found some restored ones on ebay etc. but didn't like the price. A couple of years went by and then one day I saw a neighbor had leaned one up against his garbage can. Gone. I know it's a bit on the fragile side but I treat it with care.

If they ever come out with a completely aluminum zero gravity chair I'll carry it in the back of the truck. But I'm not holding my breath.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #11

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Have an aluminium one but it is on the large side... Almost as heavy as my regular one

Finally they gonna travel tied up on the table.

Thanks for your input
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Kathy, I'd love to know which Zero G chairs you use, as my back needs the TLC they provide, and yours seem to have held up nicely through travel. Thanks!
Ava,
We've gone through several versions over the years. Our current ones are from Costco. They are just the basic ones and came in a two pack but I don't see them on their website right now. They also carry a more padded version that you might like. You really need to shop around and try them out - some recline more than others which is what we like. Good Luck!
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #13

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Red face chairs?

We picked up a couple of these 'folders w arms' from West Marine [recently on sale @ 50% off!! ] ..they fold out all the way flat and then fold up to several lounge "angles" and finally fold up into a suitcase-sized pack w straps for carrying.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...17?recordNum=1
How much we will use them remains to be seen, as we are "between trailers" at present, waiting on our new Escape-21 and having sold our Casita Independence Dlx already. Tentatively, the plan is to keep them "in position" as seats on either side of the rear dinette..but that may chg.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #14

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Glad I read this. Went camping with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend a few weeks ago and she has the Big Lots Zero Gs. I thought boy these are comfortable but had forgotten about them. Read this thread and just ordered a pair of Amazon basics.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I am considering zero gravity, but haven’t found ones that are compact enough yet
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
We have a pair of zero gravity chairs that we got at Target. We got them for our last trip to see the Perseid Meteor Shower as they allow us to recline and watch the sky. But we don't find them as comfortable for just sitting as our Strongback chairs which provide great back support. We leave the ZG chairs at home unless we want to see meteors. We store the Strongback chairs in the back of the Jeep Grand Cherokee because they don't fit under the dinette well and always seem in the way there.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #17

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have a Curt rack that goes--stays--on the back of my 17. It carries chairs, table, campfire and bbq.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #18

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Coming in late on this one but for what it's still worth....we lay a clean but old sheet on our bed/bedding and lay our flattened ZG chairs on the bed. This way we don't have to wrestle them out of anywhere if we want them when we stop for lunch on the road and/or for a quick nap. Before putting them back, give the areas that have made contact with the ground a quick wipe.
Cheers!
R&DPrecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
I agree...we put a blanket down on the bed and lay the folded chairs on the bed for travel. No problems so far. Also, we have taken the rigid plastic "kiddie" pool along for our dog...and it travels fine on the bed as well.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #20

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I have a Curt rack that goes--stays--on the back of my 17. It carries chairs, table, campfire and bbq.
A good idea, and I may end up doing the same if/when I start cooking outside. Right now, I'm keeping the items I'm taking to a minimum and will see how much else I have to cut based on overall weight, tongue weight, etc. when I pick up my 17B in Chilliwack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&DPrecious View Post
Coming in late on this one but for what it's still worth....we lay a clean but old sheet on our bed/bedding and lay our flattened ZG chairs on the bed. This way we don't have to wrestle them out of anywhere if we want them when we stop for lunch on the road and/or for a quick nap. Before putting them back, give the areas that have made contact with the ground a quick wipe. Cheers!
I'm glad to learn that your ZG chairs can travel this way. If I turn my front diner into a semi-permanent, single bed, my chair may do as well. Worth a try, thanks!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote