Window cleaner for 2017 Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 21 foot
Window cleaner for 2017 Escape

Hi there. When my windows were brand new I had no trouble keeping them clean with Armorall Glass Cleaner for Auto Glass. However, my last trip was in a super hot area with lots of dust and dirt and I didn't clean them until I arrived at new destination. Now there are little circles on them using the same product and they look in need of cleaning.

Any suggestions? My windows are the black thermal glass frameless windows.

Thanking you in advance,
Candace Morrison
Hebron, NH
skibum1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
i keep a squirt bottle in my truck with distilled water and about 1 or 2 tablespoons of 20-10 windshield washer concentrate, this seems to get my windows really clean, without streaking. I also carry a auto squeegee-sponge with a telescoping handle that I picked up at a car parts store, its Rain-X branded.... ah, this one, https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-9271X-.../dp/B01BI7649Y
John in Santa Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
The last time a SafeLite guy repaired a chip in our car's windshield, he finished by cleaning the entire windshield with a spray can of his SafeLite brand streakless, ammonia-free auto windshield cleaner. It cleaned really fast and really well. I asked him if I could have a can of that stuff, and he gave me one. It's an aerosol spray can, and the contents are: water, 2-butoxyethanol, ethyl alcohol and liquefied petroleum gas. Oh, and it says to use with adequate ventilation - dah! Oh, and it specifically says it is NOT for use on non-glass flat panel TVs - for what that's worth. Anyway, it's a great "professional grade" glass cleaner. So next time you have a chipped window fixed, ask the repair person for a can of what he/she uses. The worst they can say is, "No."....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
The last time a SafeLite guy repaired a chip in our car's windshield, he finished by cleaning the entire windshield with a spray can of his SafeLite brand streakless, ammonia-free auto windshield cleaner. It cleaned really fast and ...
this stuff?
https://www.amazon.com/SAFELITE-AUTO.../dp/B016MNRN62
John in Santa Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
That looks like the stuff.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:10 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Cab drivers in the the city would take bundled up newspaper, one wet, one dry and clean their windows. It seemed the ink on the paper would help with the cleaning. However I'm not sure if the same type ink is used now as it does not come off on your hands like it used to!!
Old 10-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Cab drivers in the the city would take bundled up newspaper, one wet, one dry and clean their windows. It seemed the ink on the paper would help with the cleaning. However I'm not sure if the same type ink is used now as it does not come off on your hands like it used to!!

Different ink that doesn't come off on your fingers has been used for decades now. And, there is no rub-off at all from modern digital ink.
How and why grandma and grandpa did things they did can have alternative reasons. My wife covered the leftover turkey carcass with a wet dishtowel to keep it moist ( just like grandma did ), until it came to her that grandma didn't have Saran Wrap.

I use Bon Ami glass cleaner in a spray can to clean windows.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Different ink that doesn't come off on your fingers has been used for decades now. And, there is no rub-off at all from modern digital ink.
How and why grandma and grandpa did things they did can have alternative reasons. My wife covered the leftover turkey carcass with a wet dishtowel to keep it moist ( just like grandma did ), until it came to her that grandma didn't have Saran Wrap.

I use Bon Ami glass cleaner in a spray can to clean windows.
Does that mean that your son in law doesn't do windows>
grape_escape is offline   Reply With Quote