Winter Cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Question Winter Cover

What cover do recommend for my 2017 17b escape? Stored outside in Montana.
New to me 😉
Montana Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Standard one recommended by ETI. Mine was not available from ETI when camper ordered, but found it was cheaper to get direct from mfr anyway.
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Who was the manufacture that ETI recommended?
Montana Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
If you have the money calmark will last a very long time
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:27 AM   #5
Wig

Trailer: 2022 21C
Cover

Hi,
I bought a used Calmark cover for my Casita SD, used it for 7 years and when I sold the Casita in June it went with the new owner and I told him he should get a few more years out of it. The Calmark is pricey I replaced the zippers a few years back but it’s an excellent cover.
Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 07:34 AM   #6

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
If we were to buy another trailer cover it would be a Calmark. I’ve seen too many other brands ripped in the spring in our seasonal campsite. I always walk over to check and they’re not built like a Calmark. One person’s pool noodle vibrated off their solar panel and totally ruined their cover. Calmark is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. We don’t use a cover though and don’t feel it’s needed.

The couple of covers we’ve used have been hard to install and take off without ripping the cover. We’ve never ripped one though.

However, when we sold our Bigfoot we forgot we had a perfect Calmark cover that was purchased by the previous owner. We still have the cover in storage and in a few years we’ll probably be purchasing another 25’ Bigfoot, so who knows. Surprisingly that Calmark will fit our 5th wheel, but it’s still in it’s bag.

This is definitely a topic where YMMV comes into play.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 09:12 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
I have been using a Calmark on my 2010 17B for about 3yrs so far. It is well built. In the long spells of rain we get in the PNW it leaks water thru the material so it's not 100% waterproof. They made it big enough to cover my spare and if I stretch it tight, it can cover the front storage box too. It's also long enough on the sides to cover the tires. It has turned slightly green from algae. When I take it off after 6 months or so, the roof of the trailer always has a few dead bugs and fine dirt that has gotten under it. But a quick wash and the trailer looks as good as when it put it away. The cover mostly protects the fiberglass from UV rays and cuts down on waxing frequency. I wax mine once a year to keep it looking like new. Without a cover, I'm sure it would take a lot more work to keep the finish looking shiny and new.
flynfrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:13 AM   #8

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro3. I had tried to find my docs on it when I replied but could not. Had to check the box in the garage today.... Might want to check with ETI for model #. Mine for E19 is listed as "fits 13' to 16' trailer". Is Model 3 of that series. Probably Model 2? Is measured by trailer body length, not including tongue. https://classicaccessories.com/covers/rv-trailer?p=2
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:04 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Nothing. Mine lives in Tahoe in the winter and I don't feel any need for a cover...