Wobbly Tabletop with Springfield Pedestal - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Wobbly Tabletop with Springfield Pedestal

Just got our trailer delivered to us this week. We have the springfield pedestal with the sliding tabletop. It is full size table, as we have standard dinette, not u-shape. Tabletop is pretty wobbly. When sitting at it, if you lay arms on table, it tips a tad. There is that screw on bottom to tighten table down, but we don't want to be doing that each time we get up and down. I think that's for when travelling, right? I thought I'd heard that the top when on pedestal is more stable than the two poles.
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryandEllen View Post
Just got our trailer delivered to us this week. We have the springfield pedestal with the sliding tabletop. It is full size table, as we have standard dinette, not u-shape. Tabletop is pretty wobbly. When sitting at it, if you lay arms on table, it tips a tad. There is that screw on bottom to tighten table down, but we don't want to be doing that each time we get up and down. I think that's for when travelling, right? I thought I'd heard that the top when on pedestal is more stable than the two poles.
It is the bands on the pedestal itself, not the slider locking screw that is likely the issue. Cinch the band clamps on each vertical section pretty snug with the adjusting nuts. (Open the clamp, tighten the nut a bit, then close the clamp. It should require a bit of effort to close the clamps.) That should remove any play in the pedestal.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
It is the bands on the pedestal itself, not the slider locking screw that is likely the issue. Cinch the band clamps on each vertical section pretty snug with the adjusting nuts. (Open the clamp, tighten the nut a bit, then close the clamp. It should require a bit of effort to close the clamps.) That should remove any play in the pedestal.
Thanks, we will have access to trailer tomorrow and will try that. Didn't even think of it being the pedestal! I did notice the slider bars go beyond the wood piece under there, so thought maybe we were going to need to try a larger piece of wood. But we will check the pedestal tomorrow. Sounds like easy remedy. I like easy!
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
table