We ended up having a great first day/night in our camper, only wish it could have been longer. Here are some things we learned in our first trip:
1. The first backing into a campsite is stressful, even if you have a fairly straight back in site. And it doesn't help when the person in the campsite directly ahead comes out to watch you. I really don't understand why folks do that, but that's just me.
2. Having a departure checklist is a must. There are so many things that would be easy to forget, and I'm glad we worked up a list while we were there.
3. I was really worried about how our refrigerator was going to work in mid 90's heat with all of the horror stories that I've read. But the beer and wine stayed very cold, and the eggs and hot dogs seemed just fine. So far, so good.
4. Don't extend your awning to it's maximum height. But if you do, and you post a pic to this forum, someone will let you know (thanks again Robert
5. There is a LOT of storage space in the 19. Now to wait for some cooler weather to get out there and start getting things better organized so that we don't have to spend so much time hunting when we need something.
6. Those arms that hold up the rock guard are flimsy and easy to bend/break if you don't pay attention when closing it. Yep, I'll be ordering one replacement.
7. One thing that I had been really dreading was the first dumping of the tanks. Turns out it was truly no big deal, no sights. no smells, no spills. Easy peasy.
8. We had really, really hoped that our camper would fit under our existing carport, but I knew it was going to be close. Turns out we need about another three inches to make it. So now to start looking for an appropriate storage solution. For now it's in our driveway, but Teresa will not put up with that for long.
One thing that I will be taking a closer look at is the window over the sink. I don't think it is closing as tightly as it should, there appears to be a gap on the outside when it's closed. Did not see any daylight from the inside, but the seal does not seem flush when looking up from the outside. So I'm worried about water intrusion when I wash it.