Driveway Stains - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
One theory I had for the abundance of rust was the trip my trailer took across Canada. If I recall correctly the driver took seven days to make the journey, some delays due to snow storms. There could have been some heavy salt and deicing operations going on in route and some of that may have made it to the trailers. Since your trailer was on the same truckload as mine that is one explanation why we are seeing so much rust.

Paul and Janet Braun
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 now 2012 Toyota Sequoia V8
Escape 19' 2010 now 2014 Escape 21'
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
Paul, you maybe onto something here! That is right, the delivery took longer due to snow storms, and I am sure there were salted roads involved! Could be only that, because Cafe Egg was all of last year in climate controlled indoor storage since I had a baby. And I only noticed it now, since I have Cafe Egg now stored behind our new to us home on the concrete driveway out in the country.

By the way, we also take it this year slowly with traveling; all sorts of landscaping is to be done. But we are introducing the newest family addition to camping right in our backyard, on the hill with views of Blue Mounds. Perfect spot for Cafe Egg.

2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition (3.4L V6, 4WD)
"Cafe Egg" (2010 17B Escape)
gharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #33
Trailer: ?? leaner toward Escape,Big Foot, Element
I think you folks have got it all said, cleaning it up, navel jelly, primer, & rustoleum paint, rubber lining, maybe drill holes for better drainage, etc... I did not read all posts thoroughly as maybe I should have, just skimmed...sorry, but I have a driveway that looks like it is new as the day it was poured, I power wash it once or twice a year or 2, I go to home depot or lowes and buy a silicone water based spray, lightly water the concrete - per instructions - then use my pump up hand 1 gallon sprayer and coat the the driveway and sidewalk at my house ( mine is a professional b@g sprayer for pest control) but any sprayer will do they just are not as precision heads... oh well.... it works very well to ward off rust stains, and even stains from fertilizers. such as copper I believe.... this approach has saved me many times from rust, oil, fertilizers ...etc the clean up is so much easier and I can reapply the silicone based product when needed, usually every couple years. I still have the best looking driveway in the neighborhood, and I tell all my guests, if they have cars etc with oil weeks they can park on the street. hope it helps any that are interested.
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #34
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Welcome Webby,
To our little world. We always welcome fresh ideas and hopefully new Escape owners.
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
Site Team
Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You can always switch to two of these Lite Cylinder Transparent 20lb LP Tank
I'll have to see if tubing will fit.

Just a heads up to anyone subscribed to this thread.. These propane tanks have been recalled.

OT has issued an emergency order mandating a recall of cylinders manufactured by The Lite Cylinder Company, Inc. (Lite Cylinder). They have also terminated the company’s authority to re-qualify and manufacture DOT cylinders. The order specifies that Lite Cylinder recall some 55,000 cylinders and that anyone in possession of them should immediately take them out of service.
How To Proceed:
1. Shut the cylinder valve.
2. Disconnect gas lines.
3. Move the cylinder to an area that is free from heat and is freely ventilated.

It’s unclear how or if tank owners can return these tanks or recover funds at this point as the company’s facility is now closed, but clearly tank owners need to err on the side of caution and remove these tanks from service.

It’s important to note that some tanks sold by Lite Cylinder were manufactured by Composite Scandinavia and these tanks are not included in this recall.

Here are some links with more information: DOT news Release
Details of the recall and termination letter including detailing info on specific model numbers: Downloadable PDF

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose | Dr. Seuss

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote