It's Friday! - The Classics! - Page 116 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #1151
Member
 
bolerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
Posts: 45
Ah yes, SOLAR, another option I would definitely add on ( hindsight is always 20/20), we use a 40 watt portable panel which has worked well, but is a pain to set up every day! Thanks for info.
__________________

bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #1152
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bandon, Oregon
Trailer: 2015 17B "Acorn" Towed by 2007 Silverado Duramax
Posts: 11
Thanks, we love it too. Ours is the Sunbrella dupione "Henna". The formica is "Elemental Corten"
__________________

jaydjay48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #1153
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 912
On our new 21, I asked if the solar controller could be moved so that it was more visible -- but was told that it needs to be close to the batteries for some reason. I really wish ours was above the fridge, with the other gauges.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #1154
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
On our new 21, I asked if the solar controller could be moved so that it was more visible -- but was told that it needs to be close to the batteries for some reason. I really wish ours was above the fridge, with the other gauges.
Controller works better the less wire between it and the batteries as a longer length of wiring increases the voltage lost between the controller and battery.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #1155
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
On our new 21, I asked if the solar controller could be moved so that it was more visible -- but was told that it needs to be close to the batteries for some reason.
Interesting question, so I started a new thread: Solar Controller Location
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #1156
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 5,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydjay48 View Post
Thanks, we love it too. Ours is the Sunbrella dupione "Henna". The formica is "Elemental Corten"
Beautiful. We love the rich earthy red tones too.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:13 PM   #1157
Senior Member
 
56reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Trailer: Escape 19
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydjay48 View Post
ETI stated in Fridays email that these will be the last photos we will receive on our trailer before we pick it up. Our completion date is supposed to be 1/29, so we scheduled 1/30 to pick it up. We are naming the trailer "Acorn" because we have always associated the symbol of the acorn as retirement although, we still have a few more years until retirement. Can't wait to hit the road in just about 10 days.

Congrats, love your color choices!
__________________
Linda

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #1158
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trailer: 5.0TA Jan. 2015, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydjay48 View Post
ETI stated in Fridays email that these will be the last photos we will receive on our trailer before we pick it up. Our completion date is supposed to be 1/29, so we scheduled 1/30 to pick it up. We are naming the trailer "Acorn" because we have always associated the symbol of the acorn as retirement although, we still have a few more years until retirement. Can't wait to hit the road in just about 10 days.
I envy you getting your trailer soon.

Nice choice of colours for the fabric and counters.
__________________
Lyle
iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #1159
Senior Member
 
alanmalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Trailer: '21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
Looking good, strawbarry & Alan. You must be getting excited.
Yes we are. And as I type this, Susannah is filling out the forms to volunteer in National Parks. Big Bend, Texas is our first "destination", hopefully in 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
Alan, we tentatively pick ours up May 15. How about you? Maybe see you out there.
Looks like we're about 10 days ahead of you. Our orientation is scheduled for May 5. Next, we plan to camp for a night or two somewhere near Chilliwack for a shakedown. Then head off to the south-east towards Denver and back to ((work)). I'm saying that very quietly...
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #1160
Member
 
Grant & Kathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bandon, Oregon
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Yes we are. And as I type this, Susannah is filling out the forms to volunteer in National Parks. Big Bend, Texas is our first "destination", hopefully in 2016.
Alan,

I have friends that are just finishing up their 3 month stay as volunteers at Big Bend.

You might find their daily blog interesting: Personal Trip Journal - Big Bend Excitement

Grant
__________________

Grant & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.