Escape upper midwest get together - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Thanks Paul. I am sending you an message with my personal email.

Leon

LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21
We would be up for attending a gathering depending on how far it is from us. Given that we both are still working, it is hard to get to far on a Friday night after work. But put us on the list! I will email you, Paul.

tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:01 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
All these plans sound great. I spend much time near Big Lake and agree with Eric on the bike trail, eagles and Mosquitos. Several years ago I stayed at a Corp of Engineers campground on the Mississippi that was being used by a caravan of trailer owners. It was Fisherman's Corner near the Quad Cities. There are several other COE sites north of there including Savanna -Thomson Causeway and Potosi - Grants River.

The advantage the southerly locations offer is the opportunity for Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and related states to have an easier travel. I guess I think of this being the Mississippi River Escape Owners. Somehow I see Dubuque as the center of a lot of Escape owners that I know or have corresponded with.

With all this said there is still the opportunity to join with the Scamp owners and attend Scamp Camp. I had the pleasure of attend their Duluth get together and they would be a great group to join. Tony Nowak hosted the Eggs at Egg Harbor this last June. He has told me of plans to hold it again in Door County in early September 2015.

I would be willing to assist in collecting names and email addresses of potential attendees. We could poll the group to find the best fit. If you would send me a personal message with your email address I could start that collection process.

Yes, Paul, I think the north is covered and a more southerly get-together would be good. On the Mississippi would be nice if there were a good campground. (We were at Egg Harbor when that get-together was happening but did not know about it. Would like to have gone. There are also the already-mentioned egg rallies in Minnesota.) There are the western Illinois Escape owners and a couple in Missouri and three 19's now in Iowa with a 5.0 being picked up this month. No telling who would attend, of course.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
... There are several other COE sites north of there including Savanna -Thomson Causeway and Potosi - Grants River.....
Potosi has the brewery and brew museum too! Potosi Brewing Company

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #15

Trailer: '99 Scamp,'03 Bigfoot
"With all this said there is still the opportunity to join with the Scamp owners and attend Scamp Camp. I had the pleasure of attend their Duluth get together and they would be a great group to join. Tony Nowak hosted the Eggs at Egg Harbor this last June. He has told me of plans to hold it again in Door County in early September 2015."-per Paul Braun

To clarify, we were thinking of Sept. 2015 but there may be a delay to 2016. Depends on what we find out at Taylor's Falls event next week, all molded fiberglass folks are welcome as we would love to see some Escapes and meet new folks. Our rallies are posted on FGRV and also known as "Scrambled Eggs". I will update this site about our future plans.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #16

Tony, As I recall, there is a very nice state park, not too far from Mt. Horeb. I don't mean Blue Mound, but Yellowstone Lake.. I thought it was very pretty, and not too far from Mineral Point.

From the discussion here, it seems like some place in Southern Wisconsin / Northern Illinois / Iowa make work well. It would be nice if there were something else to do in the area -- like a couple of wineries or breweries. Southern Wi. has some interesting little towns like Mt. Horeb (is the mustard museum still there?), New Glarus, Spring Green, etc.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #17

Trailer: '99 Scamp,'03 Bigfoot
Yes Leon Yellowstone Lake is very nice but as with all WI state parks one can not reserve a whole loop, everyone would have to arrange their own reservation. So that makes it difficult. There will be a molded fiberglass rally next June near Lansboro MN.
I'll provide more info after we have the rally in Taylor's Falls in a couple of weeks.
The mustard museum moved to Middleton (Madison metro) 5 or 6 years ago, but the Duluth Trading Co. has their flagship retail store in the same location. They have a strong online presence and have since established 2 or 3 more retail stores in MN and WI.
Tony
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #18

We wanted to make the Lanesboro rally, but can't -- we will be on the way to pick up the new trailer. We will try to make the spring rally near Lanesboro....lots of cycling there!